View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 04:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
FireboltAvis88
Banned
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cristoffer Daniel Strand
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jackson McQueen
Magical Law Enforcement

x12 x12
There's some good in this world and it's worth fighting for| LOTR|Whovian|Sherlock Fan

SPOILER!!: Professor Fuller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post
Ah, yes. Javy briefly remembered the letter he had received from Sander earlier on his final choice. "That's splendid," He was content that his former student was handling the work well.

Now it was back to this Strand, who had legitimate concerns on the NEWTs. "Well, to put it simply how you've done on your OWLs would translate to the next grade below if putting in the same amount of effort." Hence why achieving an A grade in a class was rarely acceptable to continue on in the same subject for NEWTs. "The course work will only increase from here on, so it's important to stay focused but to also have some time for relaxing."

His face remained blank on the examples. Suddenly it made sense on how Sander felt pressured to stay in the muggle athletics career-wise. "They certainly do.." Javy pondered for a moment, considering the activities he mentioned. "Tell you what, normally I'd recommend you see your Head of House, Professor Hadley, especially with on the appropriate courses to continue in. But in her temporarily absence, I'd recommend the Groundskeeper Mr. Kirby, who has a grand experience in fitness and athletics." Not surprising, considering his mass.

Anyway, now for his creature experience. "Any form of creatures counts, yes. There is some classes that cover muggle creatures at the Wizarding University required by those majoring in Cryptozoology and Magizoology. Should you pursue University, you should have a good foundation on the material before you are able to work with Dragons." Waiting to see if he had anything else of concern or questions.

Cris listened as Professor Thompson explained how important his grades would be for him, if he intended to attend Wizarding University. He swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat when he heard that he was expected to work harder if he wanted to achieve the same grades he had acquired for his OWLs. He had worked hard to get those Os and now he was expected to work harder?

But then again, that was to be expected. He may have be born into riches but except for that, nothing else came easy for him and neither for his siblings. His mother had raised them to work hard and not to take things for granted. So yes, if he wanted to attend Wizarding University, he would work his butt off to get those grades.

"Focused on course work but take time to smell the roses? That I can do, Professor, that I can do," he smiled bringing up Jasmine's face in his mind. Hopefully, spending more time with Jasmine would help with the second part.

As for the recommendation to see the Groundskeeper, that unfortunately, confused him. Cris couldn't understand how seeing the Groundskeeper would be able to help him get into University. Fitness and athletics? He already knew how to do that. However, Cris nodded just so the Professor didn't think he was openly rejecting his suggestion.

As for the next recommendation, Cris agreed wholeheartedly with Professor Thompson. Making a mental note to spend more time learning about both muggle, as well as, magical creatures, Cris nodded in understanding before standing up.

"Thank you for taking the time to speak with me, Professor. What you've told me has been very helpful. I will definitely take heed of your recommendations," Cris thanked his Care of Magical Creatures as he stuck out his hand to shake the Professor's.