View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 07:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Charely Potter
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanyjj View Post

Leah entered upon instruction and aaah! There's a goose in here. Quite obvious that this is indeed the CoMC professor's office. "Oh hello, professor. I am Leah Abbott, second year." she greeted the professor when she spotted him and introduced herself in case he didn't know.

"So uh, I wanted to know since this is a magical creatures lesson, whether we are going to be dealing with creatures like goblins, werewolves and dragons? Are you going to bring these types of creatures into class?" Because that would be really bizarre. The second year had more to ask and discuss, but she left the others behind first.
Looking up as he heard the door close, he could see a young Hufflepuff girl. "Hello, Miss Abbot. I'm Professor Thompson, please have a seat." Smiling a little as he gestured towards one of the chairs before his desk.

Before he could ask what she was here for, well, she had gone on ahead and dove right into it. Good, that made getting to the issue much easier. "I'm glad you asked.. Throughout my classes will entail all creatures that you would be bound to come across at some point in your life." Simple as that, "However, before we can get to the more dangerous creatures, the ones that are easier to tame are needed to be covered." So yes, they were bound to happen. Whether he would bring them in.. "The creatures I bring in no matter their rating will be at the very least observed and touched on in lectures. I can assure you that before your graduation you'll have an understanding on the former mentioned." Waiting now to see if she understand or had any other questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireboltAvis88 View Post

Cris nodded when the Professor enquired about Sander. "Sander started classes at the Wizarding University and he goes there when he's not playing with the team. Last I heard Sander played his first game and scored a goal. So the family is pretty excited about that," except their father of course, but Cris wasn't going to mention that.

Then he listened with interest when Professor Thompson described the attributes required to specialize working with dragons. "I don't how well I'm going to do in my NEWTs but I hope to get the same or better grades that I received for my OWLs. Except for Astronomy which I got an E, I received Os for the rest. Would rock climbing, mixed martial arts, speed skating, running and swimming count as activities, Professor? If it doesn't, does singing and dancing hip hop?" Cris asked the older man, even as he lowered his voice when he mentioned the last two.

"We have a couple of winged horses back home. Sander and I work with them a lot. Do ordinary creatures count too? We have 3 Siberian Huskies, 2 cats...and oh yes, two Pygmy Puffs and three Owls." Cris counted them off one by one.

"Even though we have freed house elves living with us, we're responsible for taking care of the creatures."
Ah, yes. Javy briefly remembered the letter he had received from Sander earlier on his final choice. "That's splendid," He was content that his former student was handling the work well.

Now it was back to this Strand, who had legitimate concerns on the NEWTs. "Well, to put it simply how you've done on your OWLs would translate to the next grade below if putting in the same amount of effort." Hence why achieving an A grade in a class was rarely acceptable to continue on in the same subject for NEWTs. "The course work will only increase from here on, so it's important to stay focused but to also have some time for relaxing."

His face remained blank on the examples. Suddenly it made sense on how Sander felt pressured to stay in the muggle athletics career-wise. "They certainly do.." Javy pondered for a moment, considering the activities he mentioned. "Tell you what, normally I'd recommend you see your Head of House, Professor Hadley, especially with on the appropriate courses to continue in. But in her temporarily absence, I'd recommend the Groundskeeper Mr. Kirby, who has a grand experience in fitness and athletics." Not surprising, considering his mass.

Anyway, now for his creature experience. "Any form of creatures counts, yes. There is some classes that cover muggle creatures at the Wizarding University required by those majoring in Cryptozoology and Magizoology. Should you pursue University, you should have a good foundation on the material before you are able to work with Dragons." Waiting to see if he had anything else of concern or questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStar View Post
So he didn't completely blow her off, and that was definitely a good sing in her eyes. "Hello Professor Thompson! It's nice to meet you as well." She took a seat as he requested, and listened intently to what he had to say on the subject. AJ groaned when she heard about the difficult process. "Aw, man."

"Well, you see I only just found out I was a witch and my parents of course have no magical background, so this is all new to me." Maybe she could talk to them about it. She could always write home. She remembered the person that came to tell her parents about Hogwarts explaining that. "Does it matter that my parents are not wizards because I could totally take care of the elf." She wanted one really bad... fingers crossed that the professor had good news for her.
Javy could only smile kindly at the young girl. As he too knew on the occasional cons of being muggleborn. "Unfortunately, despite the years of progression in elves' rights some things are still sacred among them. With elves they generally don't serve muggle families, due to the rule on keeping any form magic hidden from them." Though this didn't make it impossible for her to own one. "I don't doubt your abilities based on your interest.. The work involving in owning one will require you to see the Ministry of Magic when you are of age and with the proper funds. They will then go through your family background and history before your own records to see if you're truly fit to own one. Then comes the funds.. It won't just be one elf you would end up taking in, but potential generations as well." So yep, steady income was needed. He paused to make sure she was still following on what he was saying.