View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 11:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default Dani, I'm gonna wait for Felix to come back and post <3
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

SPOILER!!: LOOOOOOOOOOL *wheezes* *initiates Vulcan mind meld* *wheezes again because of the pictures*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlytherinSistah View Post
So he wasn't going to do his detention? Oh. Not yet. Professor Flamsteed wanted to prolong this. The prospect of which Cutty thought of as an opportunity not worth wasting. How many people got Airey Flamsteed all to themselves?

What? His mother had contacted his teacher??! He was already not at all fond of his mother at the moment for buying a wand and having him wear his old ill-fitting robes, but also for making him go and see a healer and take that stupid potion. Now she was making an even bigger deal about this.

Merlin. What if they conversed and got along well.

Or worse.

The boy collected himself, which was something he now found easier to do with the prescriptive potion running through his veins. "No." he said with a shake of his head. "She failed to mention it." His still small hands reached out for the parchment and he read it over the first line jumping at him as he saw again what his own mother thought of him. A nuisance. And a pain in the backside. He might've been hurt by this, but he shrugged it off as that's just what his mother did. So quick to apologize for his behaviour like he was doing something bad or ...like he was something bad.

She was weak like that.

He sighed once and put the parchment down, having read it, in it's entirety. "Two sugars." He said, speaking clearly. "No milk, please."

What did Flamsteed have in mind if not his detention, then?

Elbows on his desk, the professor rested his chin on his knuckles and watched as the boy read the letter over. In all honesty, the man was scrutinizing over the boy's every movement like he were some sort of experiment in human behavior. His own mother had written the Headmistress when he had been expelled - a letter that he had never seen mind you - but he was 97.4% positive that she had not been so judgmental with her wording.

Nodding, he plopped two sugars into the cup, set a small spoon down on the saucer, and slid it all across the top of his desk to the boy.

No reaction from the letter? Interesting, although just as well. They were only words.

"I realized, Mr. Mordaunt from reading over that letter that I may have been judging my detention giving on some rather illogical reasons," he said after a few awkward moments of silence. "You did not slip me nor trick me into drinking any of the polyjuice potion you brewed." Not that he could recall anyway. He HAD been old and senile at the time. "So my decision to give you once in the first place was based on my own folly."

Taking the letter back, he gave it a once glance over before chuckling rather loudly and, perhaps, a little inappropriately given the tension in the air.

"Did you really shave her pygmy puff?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanyjj View Post
Eeep, the ferret was now at her legs! Leah squealed and jumped back, but managed to bend down slightly and give the animal a little pat before it fled away. Last summer? That was when she got her two pets! The second year smiled at the coincidence. "Did you like your toad, Professor? Toads and ferrets are quite different, after all, which one do you prefer?" Eh, having a magizoologist for a father affected her a lot. She also noted how the professor said proper pet. Hmm.

The girl watched as Professor Flamsteed looked through some files. She was very sure they had nothing to do with her, he could not have gotten information about her, she was not in his class before, and he would not go to other professors looking for information about her, she was only a normal second year, but didn't professors look through files and stuff about students when meeting them? Leah shook her head and the thoughts drifted away like cloud. "Because I was very not interested in studying last term." she answered to the professor's question truthfully. "I am now. I think. I realized the importance of taking classes and doing homework." Leah felt herself growing.. old, which reminded her of the aging disease thing of last term.
Watching as Hershel scampered off...somewhere, his blue eyes returned to the Hufflepuff and he pursed his lips for a moment as he thought. HAD he liked his toad? It had honestly just been a necessity for the Hogwarts choir and he had sort of payed off a first year to take care of it for him. Worked out better for everyone really. Airey was rubbish with creatures and probably would have killed it on accident. Fed it a poisonous bug or something.

"He was a good companion. Passed him off to a younger student when I graduated," he nodded as he pulled out what he was looking for and duplicated it with a wave of his wand. After returning the original to his desk drawer, he walked back over to where she was sitting. "Here, the coursework from last term along with any examinations and quizzes I gave to students over the term."

Sure, it was all things covered in the textbook if she wanted to read it cover to cover, but this way she could be sure to know the things that he expected her classmates to have known. Made for an even playing field on the road to discovery.

"Ah, found your spark did you?" he chuckled. He had struggled with that quite a bit as a student. All the way through seventh year as a matter of fact. Although some subjects just never took off for him. "Just remember that knowledge is power and the more you know the more you are empowering yourself." But she had had some questions for him, yes? He had, er, already forgotten those. Distracted by the ferret.

"You mentioned you had some specific questions for me?"

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes