View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 01:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

SPOILER!!: Cutty! I laughed way too much at the Scary Airey XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlytherinSistah View Post
Cutty's eyes remained upon the somehow feminine rock, and found it eerie how he regarded it as feminine. Did Professor Flamsteed want him to say hello to the rock? Was that what was going on here? Cutty swallowed. "Hi, Pebbles." He said really fast remembering the dance class where he'd met Professor Flamsteed for the first time. He was socially speaking prone to loud & oddly placed bursts of enthusiasm. Hufflepuff? No, the men were more inclined toward mellow temperament as per Cutty's observance of Alec Summers & Tobias Tempus. Gryffindor.

In an almost cautious manner, the Slytherin boy took a seat in the black leather chairs and listened as it made a squeezed rubber-like sound. He took in the sight of Airey Leighton Flamsteed and for a moment felt something like intimidation by both his physical size and his intellect. How old was the Professor? There weren't many visible wrinkles or creases about his face, which to Cutty indicated that the professor must've been a high achiever in school as well to have earned such credit amongst his colleagues & gotten published. And he was tall, TALLER even than Cutty's uncle. If he wanted to, he could probably fling Cutty right out the window of the tower and no one would ever know what happened. He failed to make the correlation between this thought and earlier ones he'd had of doing something quite similar to Fern Quimbley.

"You asked me to come to your office, Sir. To serve out my detention." He took up the teacup and brought it too his mouth and did not drink as it was too hot. He, instead, rested it in his hands above his lap where it tapped against the spool of floss. "I've brought the floss and the toothbrush. I see that what I did was wrong and I'm ready to repent for it, Sir." Did he rehearse this?

Giving the young man an appreciative smile at his greeting to the rock, his attention was briefly drawn back to the parchment on his desk and he unfolded it before looking back up at the boy. "I did," he nodded. "But not to serve your detention. Not yet at least."

If at all now that he had had an entire summer to reflect on things and use more of his noggin rather than the senile old man emotions that had triggered the whole detention giving in the first place.

"Are you aware, Mr. Mordaunt, that your mother owled me over the summer?" he asked while passing the very parchment to the boy. You know, in case he wanted to read it. Seemed the sensible thing to do.

Eyes still on the young man, he gave his wand a flick towards the two teacups and the teapot to serve the pair of them. "Sugar or milk?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanyjj View Post
So, no 'sir's, no apologies. Got that. Leah really wanted to look good in front of teachers. She had actually heard rumors about Professor Flamsteed being weird, but he really seemed fine and nice. The second year decided to not reply as the professor frowned, not only because it was not really a question, but she did not have a reasonable answer to that too. Luckily, he did not ask more and invited her in. Yeah!

A pause. "Wait, you have a ferret?" She said as she stepped in and.. there was a cutelittleferret! It was the first thing she noticed, and as she looked around, it was not difficult to find out that the office was VERY clean. Meh, not quite her style. Leah nervously sat down on the sofa.
Chuckling, the professor glanced over his shoulder at the Hufflepuff. "Bought her last summer," he nodded. "First proper pet since I had a toad during my Hogwarts days." He looked at Hershel running eagerly about, weaving between the young lady's legs and leaping on to the sofa and then back to the floor just as quickly.

Walking towards his desk, Airey pulled open one of the drawers and flipped through a few of the files while he looked for a few specific things. "So, tell me, Miss Abbott, why the change of heart this term?"
SPOILER!!: hot chocolate drinkers <33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
SPOILER!!: You twooo ^^

The shrug told her Toby didn't know about this anymore than she did. Kinda comforting, really, knowing she wasn't the only one going in blind. Saved her from wondering why everyone seemed to know things in this place but her. Ah well. She stood by Toby, watching the Professor pull a chair over to the sofa. No desk then? Cool, if not more of an interest peeker.

Her attention only shifted after Toby's cooing? Huh? What?

She looked about the room, wondering if she'd missed anything. That's when she spotted it. A ferret!! "Awwwww! Jun has one of those. You should talk to him if," wait for it, the Professor had said a name, "Hershel ever gets to wanting friends of the more...erm...animated variety." No offense Pebbles, you were still an epic and slightly concerning pet.

The Gryffindor flopped into the couch. In all her visits here she'd never sat in it. It was always the desk. "Hot chocolate please." Now that he'd offered she figured she could go for some. "Do you have any marshmallows you could maybe throw into while you're at it?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
SPOILER!!: YOU GUYS

Hershel? Toby knew that name. Remembered it quite vividly from one of the Astronomy lessons in his first year at Hogwarts. It just made him grin all the wider as he pulled open the little door of the last cage and reached inside. First he waited to make sure Hershel didn't mind his presence, and then he scooped the creature up and held him in his arms, beaming still wider and wider.

"He's adorable," Tobias said quite matter-of-factly, as he headed over to sit on the sofa with Lex, and took the lint roller from Airey. "Hot chocolate sounds perfect, thanks!"

And then he got to work with the grooming, because hello adorable little thing. Toby had actually all but forgotten about trying to think of what they were there to talk about, because FERRET.

Jun? Airey turned his attention towards Miss Cambridge briefly before it hit him just who she was referring to. Ah yes, the boy toy. Or, er, the not boy toy.

"Two hot chocolates it is then," he grinned and flicked his wand to make it so. "I do indeed, Miss Cambridge. I would ask how many to add to your cup, but I assume it would be better to just hand you the bag and let you handle that yourself." Being on a bit of a schmoes kick meant that he had a stash of marshmallows on hand - although he was starting to get a little tired of the same sort of flavor. He ought to head to a sweets shop and see what other varieties of flavor there were.

Setting two hot chocolates on the coffee table, and handing Miss Cambridge the bag of marshmallows, he sat down opposite of the two and rested his elbows on his knees. "Suppose I should just get to it then," he mused as he watched Mr. Tempus groom Hershel. "Mr. Tempus, Professor Romanos and I have discussed the matter and would like offer you the opportunity to step up and be the Yearbook's Managing Editor, meaning you will be working closely with Miss Tambling-Goggin." He paused and looked back and forth between the two students. "And...as your first act, I would like you to recruit Miss Cambridge to join the staff."

TADA!

He was going to just blow quietly on his tea and take a few sips while all this processed.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes