View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 08:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Slowfie
Hufflepuff

DMLE & DMGS
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cathal C Myles
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Morrigan Heffernan

Ministry RPG Name:
Eli Bancroft
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Ganbaatar Sarangerel
Law Enforcement
x3
slothyke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
He knew a thing or two. Was that an expression or the truth? Did he really only knew a few spells? But he was a third year so Kevin thought it was better than nothing. Especially since apart from reading in the library books he had gotten he knew absolutely nothing. Way the go pureblood parents who kept him in the dark so that things would be a 'surprise' for him!

Ah Boggarts! Why had he said that?! The less people knew about this duel the better because he didn't want to go down in front of a group of people. Yes, he still had the writing on his forehead but it was backwards and it seemed that most people didn't bother with decoding the message. Mostly because he never talked to anyone... "None of your business is happening saturday" he snapped. It took him a few seconds to realise that he was going to help him out so maybe he SHOULD fill him in with some details. okay i'll tell but don't tell anyone! And if you do i know what house you're in!" Did he just threatened an older student? Yes he did.

"I'm having a duel then" that was all he was getting. He had kind of figured it was pretty obvious since he needed to learn how to duel before that time so the Gryffindor had doubts again on whether or not this supposedly older kid was smart enough...

The raised wand at him was actually a test. He wanted to see how the guy reacted to it and Kevin grinned when he did the exact thing he was hoping for. He had aimed his wand as well. Hmm seemed like he wasn't as slow as he thought he was. "It's a deal!" The second year smiled which just looked weird because he never smiled. Still not lowering his wand, Kevin nudged his head to the dummy he had set up earlier. " I think we should practise on that" he said. "which spells do you know?" and as he talked he still hadn't lowered his wand but still aimed it at the guy. Whaaat he was scared that if he did he would get a surprise attack! It happened last year!
Really Kevin, were you still going to be rude? Donny wasn't quite sure how to deal with rude kids, his parents had taught him manners before sending him off to Hogwarts. And.. what was that on his head? Did someone sign it? Mr. Oliver had signed his head once! Best day ever. Oliver didn't attend Hogwarts, which was a shame, so someone else must have signed his head. Donny squinted in an attempt to read the message but was too far away to make any sense of it. "What's your head say?!" Did he even know about the message?

Ooooooh, none of his business. So.. why exactly would he be helping the kid? Cause he was nice was why. "My esspertise is none of your business then." Maybe he'd get off easy and he wouldn't have to duel the kid. That's right, Donny could be unfriendly too. Aha! He raised an eyebrow, Donny might not be the smartest, but how exactly would that help Kevin? Hufflepuff, where else would he be? "And.. you're a Gryffindor, apparently." It didn't show. "How does that help you? Or better yet, how will that keep me from telling anyone?" Asked Donny while trying to keep a straight face. Donny wouldn't tell, he was good at keeping secrets, but Kevin didn't need to know..

A duel?! It seemed logical enough, duels required practice and Kevin seemed pretty desperate for some help. Why else would he ask Donny?

Who would he be fighting then? Because if it was another second year it would be unfair to help him, being a third year and all. Well...? Was that all he was telling? Lame. If it was one of his friends he didn't know if he wanted to help Kevin. He wasn't quite sure if Kevin was a friend or not. "Who are you fighting then?"

Why was he grinning?! This wasn't fun. This was no fun at all. Couldn't they just throw marshmallows at each other or something? Something that didn't involve a lot of brain power. Donny didn't remember making any deals. He eyed the Gryffindor warily, he didn't trust him one bit. Nope. "We didn't shake on it so it isn't a done deal, actually."

Oh, good. Kevin didn't want to practise spells on each other. Of course not. He carefully approached Kevin and the dummy, not yet lowering his wand. "Of course we're practisin' on that." Said Donny as if it was the most obvious thing ever. He hadn't thought of it, but lets not mention that. Lower your waaaand, kid! Kevin should be the one to lower it first, he was the unreliable one here. After clearing his throat Donny shrugged, not quite sure which spells he knew. "Well... I know plenty." Was he sounding convincing? "Which kind would you like?" And he'd better ask nicely this time!

I've learned that doves and ravens fly the same____________________________