Thread: The Hangout
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 04:04 AM   #23 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

SPOILER!!: way to play into her ego XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFeisty View Post

Her eyebrows pulled together somewhat as she spotted Evelyn staring over toward her. It wasn’t a big deal was it? Her being in the hangout area right now? Honestly she didn’t really care either way though – and then her thoughts were blissfully interrupted.

“Ms. Morgan it’s a pleasure to meet you,” she smiled over to the Game of Sports department head. “I was glad to get the notice to meet with you,” she smiled brightly. “I can only assume you wanted to meet with me because of the Quit-Quidditch incidents” she was speaking in a hushed tone though it was already all over the daily prophet. “that, or its to reminisce over the lovely oval Ravenclaw common rooms…I must admit I have heard of your quidditch cup winning snitch-grab when I was in Hogwarts” it was true people had talked about that for years.

Kyle was also just trying to be light, breezy, and kind and not...well awkward as her ex was there. In a chair. His face was a little different older different but she still remembered the fact that when she had that weird sickness she had tried to eat him.

Eat him...and she was a vegetarian at the time. "If you wish we could take this meeting elsewhere," she offered kindly. A somewhat pleading look played across her expressive hazel eyes. If it wouldn't have been rude she would have said she didn't want to have a meeting about something this important in front of her ex.
"Oh, please, it's Mariel," she said matching the other woman's smile. No need to be quite so formal here, not for such a casual meeting. She hesitated as she mentioned the incident and started to nod, then stopped as the woman continued and she looked at her a bit curiously. "Were you a Ravenclaw?" she finally said, giving Ms. Tanner a sort of appraising look just to see if she recognized her, then slowly grinned. She did love her Ravenclaws, even the ones she didn't actually know.. well, most of them. The woman looked to be about her age, though she could be a bit younger, but unfortunately she did not recognize her from school.

And this woman had heard of her. Mariel had to admit that she was slightly surprised, but pleasantly so. She wasn't sure there could be a better way to know her and her grin brightened considerably. "You heard about that?" People were actually talking about her after she was gone? She knew her name was on that trophy but she was rather elated that Ravenclaws would still know about that. Though she had heard they hadn't won the cup in some time since her departure. "Yes, we won the cup that year. It was an amazing game, my first time as Seeker," she said, reminiscing. "Though Keeper was always my favorite. That was what I played professionally, you know. But yes, I caught the winning snitch that secured the trophy for Ravenclaw." What an amazing team they had back then. Led by the fierce and brilliant Willow Kovac, Mariel wondered what she was up to now that she was retired from the Kestrals.

Oh, what were they talking about? Mariel could honestly talk about Quidditch all day but they weren't exactly there for that. Well, in a sense, but not necessarily to talk about her career. No, they had something of a meeting even if it wasn't official or formal. But.. elsewhere? Mariel paused, looking at Ms. Tanner curiously. "I do apologize. My conference room is still in a shambles." She would understand, hopefully. Most of the Ministry was in a state though this area seemed to be less affected than what she had seen of the others. But maybe that wasn't what the woman had meant? She looked from her pleading expression to glance at the trio not far from them. "Oh.. they're not troubling me.." She could do her work unaffected. She was professional. Though maybe that wasn't it with the look she was giving her. "Unless.. that's bothersome to you? We can go elsewhere.." She had immediately taken a liking to this woman and certainly wouldn't want her to feel uncomfortable.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line