Thread: The Hangout
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 09:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
itsjustjesse
formerly: Optimist.Prime

DMLE & DMT
Fwooper

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Yarborough
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emerald Peridot "Dot" Ainsley
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

x10
HOLISTIC ACTRESS {X O} EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Though she had her work cut out for her as of late with the overall condition of the Ministry and the recent threats brought into her level, Mariel still couldn't help the light smile affecting her features as she walked down a level towards the food court. Her birthday the day before had been simply amazing and the thought of it still echoed through her mind. She did consider herself rather lucky and having a happy personal life did seem to make her work day go smoother no matter how much she did try to keep them separate.

Dragonhide folder tucked under one arm and coffee in her other hand, she walked towards the seating area, green eyes searching the location. The coffee of course was brought in from home after their inventory had been destroyed, but it was nothing she wasn't used to after having to supply it for her airplane hanger. She took a sip as her steps slowed. Mariel was fairly certain the blonde woman sitting alone was who she was looking for. The only other occupants were a small group.. MLE people? Fantastic. Working in the Ministry she knew they would be unavoidable, but one in particular, she could care less if she ever saw him again. Whatever.. she had work to do and wasn't about to let them ruin her good mood which they seemed apt to do. She narrowed her eyes a bit before turning towards the solo blonde. She better not have just heard her name.

"Ms. Tanner?" Mariel gave the woman a friendly smile before taking a seat next to her and she sat her folder down. "Mariel Morgan, Head of Games and Sports." She stuck out her hand to cordially to give the other woman's a shake. They could get the formalities out of the way since this was a more casual meeting. She'd rather not have anything official until their conference room was in a more acceptable state anyway.
Her eyebrows pulled together somewhat as she spotted Evelyn staring over toward her. It wasn’t a big deal was it? Her being in the hangout area right now? Honestly she didn’t really care either way though – and then her thoughts were blissfully interrupted.

“Ms. Morgan it’s a pleasure to meet you,” she smiled over to the Game of Sports department head. “I was glad to get the notice to meet with you,” she smiled brightly. “I can only assume you wanted to meet with me because of the Quit-Quidditch incidents” she was speaking in a hushed tone though it was already all over the daily prophet. “that, or its to reminisce over the lovely oval Ravenclaw common rooms…I must admit I have heard of your quidditch cup winning snitch-grab when I was in Hogwarts” it was true people had talked about that for years.

Kyle was also just trying to be light, breezy, and kind and not...well awkward as her ex was there. In a chair. His face was a little different older different but she still remembered the fact that when she had that weird sickness she had tried to eat him.

Eat him...and she was a vegetarian at the time. "If you wish we could take this meeting elsewhere," she offered kindly. A somewhat pleading look played across her expressive hazel eyes. If it wouldn't have been rude she would have said she didn't want to have a meeting about something this important in front of her ex.

IT'S NOT AN ACT OF LOVE __________________________________________________ ___________