View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 02:45 AM   #18 (permalink)
Magical Soul
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6
Dalliesa | Ab-Bot | Hogwarts Trojan War |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
That was supposed to be a joke, wasn’t it?

Octavia’s left eyebrow raised a fraction but she couldn’t help the slightly amused smirk that fell upon her lips. ”Very funny” she replied with a hint of sarcasm in her voice. At least he found it entertaining too, all of this camaraderie. Still.. “I guess it can get a little boring if the same thing happens every day” Although she had her doubts that would ever happen. They worked in law enforcement, the pair both were employed by Wizengamot. It was all go on level two, she was sure no two days would ever be the same.

”Well, I suppose everyone needs to start out somewhere” she spoke, watching the younger employees proceed onwards with the task. ”We should probably be grateful, aren’t they supposed to ‘keep us on our toes’” she replied sarcastically, finishing with a slight chuckle.

She watched him knock over the liquid and a laugh escaped her lips. ”I’m glad you’re not an Auror, you’d destroy the evidence with those steady hands” she teased. But his suggestion that they wait for someone to show them how to use the spray did not go down smoothly. She looked at him, her eyebrow raised again. ”You want to stand around at let these youngsters show us up?” she asked. ”It’s a pesticide spray, how hard can it be?” She certainly wasn’t going to wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassXRose View Post
Elinor watched as one person after another filed into her lab. What were they doing here? The events that had unfolded, plus the state of her lab, left the woman in a less-than-good mood. And that only worsened with everyone talking and asking questions and moRE PEOPLE COMING INTO THE LAB. She opened her mouth to say something several times, but never was there a pause for her to do so.

The woman gritted her teeth, trying to be patient, but it just wasn't happening. She dropped the bag in which she had begun collecting the shattered glass, which made a loud CRASH on the floor and Elinor drew in a breath.

"Would you all kindly calm down and be quiet for a moment??" Okay. The phrase 'calm down' wasn't necessary, but as was expressed by the woman raising her hands to her temples, all these people were overwhelming to her and she just wanted them all to stand still, and stop touching things, and stop talking, and for more people to stop coming into the lab.

She took in a breath again. This was her lab. Apart from Emily, she was in charge of this area. It was for that reason that she would not let herself feel bad for taking charge.

"If you all are here to help," she started quietly, "find a pair of gloves and start finding the different pieces to the broken equipment... I have to make an inventory, so nothing gets thrown away yet." Another breath. Good. They were all on the same page so far. "These splinters of wood and broken glass need to be cleared away. Someone can do that, I have a bag here." she gestured to the bag she had dropped to the floor. "Shredded papers that still might be salvageable need to be stacked, and if they are completely beyond repair, they can be thrown away. Anyone here to collect evidence should spread out. The spray bottles," she said, gesturing to the box that was left on one of the lab tables, "Shouldn't be used until an area has been cleaned. As we clean, we'll spray, and hopefully we can all be done with this soon enough."

Honestly, if she had her way, all of these people would leave and she would do it all herself. But that was not going to happen. So. She followed up with "Anyone not here to do any of those things or speak with me needs to leave right now." Which was the only part of her speech that she did not aim to sound polite. She had gone from confused to shocked and now was thrust into vastly irritated and maybe a little angry. She wasn't going to ask nicely if someone was just here, standing in the way and cluttering her lab.

ooc: This post is also for anyone who is "here-but-not-yet-posted". To help with post-clutter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
"Is everyone doing their own level, or do we need to spread down and out?" Genevieve snapped the gloves over her small hands with a great grin of satisfaction. Yes, please, give her the pesticide and let her get to killing things, already.

She spotted her best buddy/role model, Mr. Bones, chatting nearby, and Genevieve sidled his way after picking up her pesticide spray. She'd just follow him, since he was meant to be mentoring her, and maybe she'd practice some of her stealth and disguise while she was at it.

In the meantime, Genevieve collected broken phials and gathered them into individual piles. "Should we repair what we can?"
Vic kept his grin on and moved away from the spilled jar, back to where his companion was. "They are keeping us on our toes." The entire department probably were willing to attest to this. "I'm not usually clumsy, I just haven't had my cup of coffee yet today." Just putting this out there. Yeah, he had great coordinated limbs with caffeine. He had more jokes and words to share with Octavia, if it weren't for the fussing lady who made herself present by raising her voice. Oops, he hadn't seen her there.

Calm down, though? If Vic got any calmer than this he might just fall asleep here on the floor and he had a feeling she wouldn't appreciate that, hehh heh. He went to retrieve some gloves for himself and for Octavia, waiting for the lab lady to tell them what to do. The Branxton kid wasn't stealthy enough sadly because he glanced her way and gave her a mentor-y smile.

Oh did the lady just jab at him? Hmm? He laughed, light-heartedly. "We're all here to clean up, I assure you. Apologies for... spilling up some liquid." He was all about respecting territories, but he couldn't take pesticides seriously. It sounded like a task made to... have fun. Probably shouldn't say this out loud to Ms. Lab Lady. He'd get in more trouble. ANYWAY, off to work? Vic raised his hand, politely but also a bit sarcastically. "Can we get the bottles and leave to do that task in our offices, ma'am?" The spraying?Hmm? Because she sounded like they were going to have to do the spraying in here, which... wasn't their intention.