View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 10:40 PM   #24 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: Lulz *pinches his cheeks*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post

He didn't need any encouragement from her, he had already decided that exploring would be happening, with or without her.. but he figured it would be more fun with her. Mmhhmm. His nod was all the agreement Ashley needed, because pffffttttt... he wasn't going to stand here and do nothing. He was going to see magic, or he was going to see other things that were out of the way and super secret and stuff. He spared Avery a quick glance. She did make for a good distraction, but Zeke rather liked her. She made for a good look out too... he was sure of this. "We'll see," he replied, a hand instinctively diving into his pocket so that his fingers could curl around his compass.

And THAT, that, was soooooo unfair. Ashley had been already! And he hadn't! That alone was reason enough for Emily to take him. He was missing out! He just stared at her, blinking occasionally. No fair.

Personally, he thought the plans were coming together rather nicely. They could explore today, lunch tomorrow, zoo on the weekend because an hour or two after Emily finished work would not be enough time -- clearly. So when Avery continued to whine about them having lunch today, he lost interest. The lack of pinky shaking though, now that was ruuuuude. Where were Gavin's manners? Did he not know how this worked? In terms of breaking pinky promises, he had faith that Gavin wouldn't and after a pensive stare at the tall man, he pretty much said so. "Weeeeelllll," he started, ready to launch into explanation, the man needed educating. "See, it's like a hand shake, only I don't do hand shakes... so pinky swears work fine. And I know it's not an unbreakable vow or anything," cause Emily had told him about those and made him pinky swear to her that he would never enter into one unless she was the one enforcing it. Double standards, she had them, "... but it's a sign of good faith which is important in relationships and stuff." He was pulling out all the stops here, fancy terminology and everyyyytthing. "And if you break my faith and therefore make me upset, Emily will find out, and then she'll be upset that you upset me and she'll break something else..." did he get the picture? It wasn't a threat, it was just the way things were. Emily liked quiet, especially when she had files to read. So if he spent that time whinging and whining about Gavin breaking pinky swears, then she'd fix things, wouldn't she? The theory worked for him, he would go with this.

His pinky was still patiently suspended midair, waiting for Gavin to take it. He needed assurances.

Gavin's response for the zoo thing wasn't what he wanted either, shame. Now he had to be careful how to spin this so he wouldn't get caught out blatantly lying, because he didn't do that. Technically, she hadn't said he couldn't, she'd simply said she wouldn't take him... so this worked to his advantage. "The weekend," he nodded, leaving it there and not specifying which day that weekend. Those were boring details, and this way, the likelihood of him being free was greater because there were choices.

Yes, they would see because they'd be watching the lady carefully just as she was sure the woman would be watching them. It was all about looking for the most opportune moment and if none arrived Avery would have to come in.

Er....

What was he on about? Ashley blinked trying to see what Zeke was trying to get out of everything he was spewing to her uncle. Was it pity? Did he want to make him feel bad? There was talk about Emily so she would assume as much but....The girl shook her head. He was waaaaaay out of his league with this one.

Avery still didn't know what they were talking about but they'd dropped it by and she didn't think asking would give her answers so instead she watched Zeke. It was kinda funny how he kept rattling off like that. Her uncle wasn't listening and if he was he wasn't proper going to take him serious. It's why she didn't use words anymore. Not really anyway. She shot Ashley a look, trying to to snicker and ruin her half pout she was trying to use on her uncle. It was giggle worthy though and she wouldn't tell him otherwise.

Yeah she saw the look her sister shot her and bit her lip so she wouldn't burst into giggles. Zeke needed to learn.

The 'well' was enough to tell him that the boy wasn't about to drop this. Gavin spared a glance at the clock across the room. He wasn't so crunched for time that he'd simply walk away. Hearing him out would be easy enough. The logic of a child had the tendency to amuse him on the odd occasion.

It was to be noted that the boy didn't do handshakes, they could get along just fine--good faith. Gavin raised an eyebrow at him. It sounded oddly like a form of guilt manipulation. Something along the lines of 'pinky swear with me or I'll be scarred for life and you'll be to blame then I'll hate you forever'. It didn't leave the man impressed, rather, he refused to believe that was all he could come up with. Good faith? The man was once a Slytherin, the only faith he needed existing was the one in himself.

His earlier look of disbelief melted and was replaced with one of amusement, his lips twitching into a half smirk. Clever boy mentioning Emily, it would have worked...on someone else. "Yes, I do think she'd be upset, terribly upset but then what?" She'd be upset he wouldn't pinky promise a little boy then........break up with? Stop talking to him forever? Never go back to France with him? "The world doesn't work quite the way you think it does. I assure you, she'd get over it," Gavin looked to Ms. Smith before sparing him another glance and a matter of fact look. "and so would you."

He sighed at the still outstretched pinky then lowered it slowly. "If you can't trust my words then you definitely can't trust my pinky."

The weekend? This weekend. He gave it some thought, mentally going over his schedule. Weekends weren't as empty as they should have been and the girls had other committments. "If you can convince Ashley to miss football and Avery to miss ballet then I don't see why not. Barring that it'd have to wait until sometime in the late afternoon." Did anyone go to the zoo at that late hour? It seemed almost pointless given the zoo was something near an all day event.

SPOILER!!: Sneaky kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
Uuhhhhhh.... what? Go where? ..............................

But but but... that didn't look fun. He didn't much mind the talking and being with the little ladies thing, that he could handle, but staying here, or going behind the desk thing. No.

He nodded to the lady, and started skirting around her... only, in the other direction. She was still busy yes? Wouldn't see, right? Not that there was much to see, it was only a step, or two, or three. He made eyes at Ashley.

Ashley was watching, always watching and saw the look Zeke gave her. That's all they'd been doing, passing looks. Ashley eyed the woman grinning at her uncle. Right. Mhm. She made for the desk behind her but once she was as far as Zeke she began taking small steps too.

Next stop, who knows, they had the whole building to explore. She shot her sister expectant looks. Come on Avery. As much as she pretended she didn't want her coming, she did. Not that she'd ever admit it if asked.

She wasn't going, nope nope nope. Was the word 'non' not registering to anyone? It sounded just the same in English. There should have been no misunderstandings so the girl would be standing right here.

Her eyes widened a bit at the looks--she got looks! She never got looks! She could go with them!!!--where the noises were. Nope. Nope she was standing right here, merci.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

DaniDiNardo is offline   Reply With Quote