View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 05:27 PM   #23 (permalink)
Hera
Dark Force Defense League

DMC
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Hart
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Olympia Stanton
Magical Creatures

x10 x10
½ EagleBrain ♥ Creeperdoodle ♥ Raven Dor ♥ Berry ♥ ½ Team House Elf

SPOILER!!: Girlies and non-pinky wiggling-shaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post

'I dunno'? That was it? Didn't he know how to tell sounds apart? Her patience was slipping more and more. Him not knowing meant she had to find out herself. She was going to and the woman wasn't going to make her not. Ashley didn't care where the children were meant to stay, she wasn't a child and could do what she wanted. "Alright, we'll slip away and have a look. If it comes to it we're leaving Avery here as a distraction." The last part she'd leaned a bit closer and whispered to him. Her sister was a whiner, she didn't need to know she might not be coming if the woman had hawk eyes.

What kind of question was that? Of course she'd been to the magizoo before, everyone's been to the magizoo at least once before except Muggles, her uncle said they weren't allowed.

"I have," She confirmed with a solemn like nod in all seriousness like something to be taken for it's high importance. "They don't have all that many super dangerous ones but it's still cool." Ashley nearly snorted at his outstretched pinky. That would get him nowhere.

It was RUDE to whisper when she couldn't hear! They were talking about noises and she didn't want to hear that part but they were discussing other stuff that might have been interesting to her and she couldn't HEEEEAAAARR. Avery tugged on her uncle's hand ready to start whining again when she caught something about dangerous and more talk of the zoo. You know, it would have been nice to include her in the conversation. Hmph.

The only thing she got including in was promise making. They could go tomorrow but she wanted to go todaaaaaaay. What if it rained tomorrow and Uncle Gavin insisted she'd get sick?? Granted she WOULD get sick but it wouldn't be fair. Her mouth hung in shock when Zeke agreed. Didn't he know how to stick to his guns? This wasn't about letting her uncle win! Especially not with a pinky promise! Those were full of liiiiieeeesss.

Avery shot her uncle one of her most pathetic looks. "Why not today?"

It really was none of his business what they were whispering on about. The place looked safe and he had full confidence that the staff here wouldn't allow anything horrible to happen. The most he could see happening would be them wandering off for a few hours. Gavin glanced down at Avery when the hand tugging began but the whining he'd expected didn't come. That was new.

The pinky though...

....Gavin raised an eyebrow at the little boy. Emily had her work cut out for her if he thought a pinky was enough to bind someone to their word. "What's to stop me from breaking my promise if all I did was link pinkies with you?" He challenged, wanting the boy to think more critically. Not even his nieces believed in pinky promises.

As for the zoo, he just shrugged. "If Emily already said you could and it's not a day I'm busy then I don't see why we couldn't tag along. Did she say when?"

Gavin exercised his patience waiting for her to find the documents he would need to sign. It was good he wouldn't have to be doing over all that paper work, truly, he had enough waiting for him back at his desk. "Thank you." He said plucking the parchment and quill from her hands once they were found and offered. It didn't take him long to scribble everything down then handed them back to her. "Here you go."

He listened to her assurance that the place was safe. Good. "Excellent. Is there anything else I should be aware of or is that it?" He did need to have a talk with Mr. Cresswell but he wasn't sure that time would allow for that today.

What? Go where?

Ashley looked in the direction of the woman's pointing. That wasn't very close to the door they were planning to sneak through. She would stand here thanks.

Go stand over therrreeeee? But then her uncle would LEAVE and without her too!! That wasn't what she was trying to accomplish incase no one was getting the moment. Avery tightened her grip on her uncle again. This was not happening.

He didn't need any encouragement from her, he had already decided that exploring would be happening, with or without her.. but he figured it would be more fun with her. Mmhhmm. His nod was all the agreement Ashley needed, because pffffttttt... he wasn't going to stand here and do nothing. He was going to see magic, or he was going to see other things that were out of the way and super secret and stuff. He spared Avery a quick glance. She did make for a good distraction, but Zeke rather liked her. She made for a good look out too... he was sure of this. "We'll see," he replied, a hand instinctively diving into his pocket so that his fingers could curl around his compass.

And THAT, that, was soooooo unfair. Ashley had been already! And he hadn't! That alone was reason enough for Emily to take him. He was missing out! He just stared at her, blinking occasionally. No fair.

Personally, he thought the plans were coming together rather nicely. They could explore today, lunch tomorrow, zoo on the weekend because an hour or two after Emily finished work would not be enough time -- clearly. So when Avery continued to whine about them having lunch today, he lost interest. The lack of pinky shaking though, now that was ruuuuude. Where were Gavin's manners? Did he not know how this worked? In terms of breaking pinky promises, he had faith that Gavin wouldn't and after a pensive stare at the tall man, he pretty much said so. "Weeeeelllll," he started, ready to launch into explanation, the man needed educating. "See, it's like a hand shake, only I don't do hand shakes... so pinky swears work fine. And I know it's not an unbreakable vow or anything," cause Emily had told him about those and made him pinky swear to her that he would never enter into one unless she was the one enforcing it. Double standards, she had them, "... but it's a sign of good faith which is important in relationships and stuff." He was pulling out all the stops here, fancy terminology and everyyyytthing. "And if you break my faith and therefore make me upset, Emily will find out, and then she'll be upset that you upset me and she'll break something else..." did he get the picture? It wasn't a threat, it was just the way things were. Emily liked quiet, especially when she had files to read. So if he spent that time whinging and whining about Gavin breaking pinky swears, then she'd fix things, wouldn't she? The theory worked for him, he would go with this.

His pinky was still patiently suspended midair, waiting for Gavin to take it. He needed assurances.

Gavin's response for the zoo thing wasn't what he wanted either, shame. Now he had to be careful how to spin this so he wouldn't get caught out blatantly lying, because he didn't do that. Technically, she hadn't said he couldn't, she'd simply said she wouldn't take him... so this worked to his advantage. "The weekend," he nodded, leaving it there and not specifying which day that weekend. Those were boring details, and this way, the likelihood of him being free was greater because there were choices.

SPOILER!!: Smiiitthyyy ladddyyyy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennMarie View Post
the sign in sheet was right here a moment ago she swore it. The blonde began looking around her desk area and it took her several minutes to find it, in a drawer where it shouldn't of been. Taking it out she grin at Gavin and handed him the magical parchment and quill so he can sign them in "Just your name, their's, your department, where it's located, and the fast way to reach you at said location." seeing as how some were around muggles they couldnt just apperate or send patronus messages across town now could they. "And yes, all procedures have been checked in met throughout the entire building several times over." the voices weren't a big deal you know. they we're cool, you got use to them.

She then turned to the THREE children, all older that were now in her care. "You guys can go back there." she said pointing behind the desk area, "and talk and wait for me, ill be there in just a moment." she said to them so she could finish this work here with Gavin

Uuhhhhhh.... what? Go where? ..............................

But but but... that didn't look fun. He didn't much mind the talking and being with the little ladies thing, that he could handle, but staying here, or going behind the desk thing. No.

He nodded to the lady, and started skirting around her... only, in the other direction. She was still busy yes? Wouldn't see, right? Not that there was much to see, it was only a step, or two, or three. He made eyes at Ashley.