Thread: Law Enforcement: Office of Department Head Emily Browne
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 04:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Hera
Dark Force Defense League

DMC
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Hart
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Olympia Stanton
Magical Creatures

x10 x10
½ EagleBrain ♥ Creeperdoodle ♥ Raven Dor ♥ Berry ♥ ½ Team House Elf

Leaning back in her decrepit chair, Emily kicked up her feet and rest the heels of her boots on the corner of her desk. One crossed over the other. She was quite at her leisure... yes. In fact, this all seemed a little cliche, and while it was usually something she loathed, she could see the humour in the present situation. It wasn't every day she could watch someone slave away, cleaning her floors, by hand.

Good work Carter, show some elbow grease.

"Try is all I ask," she confirmed, because in truth, the tiles probably didn't even have the ability to sparkle, having been abandoned for something close to a century.. something like that. The place was OLD, abandoned for so long she was in fact surprised it still existed. Taking up her letter opener, and an envelope that sat on her desk, Emily set about examining its contents when Carter spoke again. She looked up, indifferent, before setting her sights back on the documents.

Wait.

What?

Emily raised a brow. Was he insinuating that she was vain? Had that been the case her office would already be plastered with shiny new mirrors, not grimy old chipped tiles and concrete. "How... touching..." she noted, not at all accustomed to receiving compliments, and about her looks no less. "But I assure you, my appearance is the furthest thing from my mind." Pfffftttttt. Seriously. She couldn't care less.