View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 04:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
Govoni

MO & DMLE
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lyric Bayliss-Black
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Marilyn Romalotti
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel P. Banner
Law Enforcement
x12 x12
Zombie Apocalypse Team Leader ★ ★ in a crown of pepperoni and artisan cheese

SPOILER!!: Emily!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
If she hadn't had to fill out a million forms for his adoption in the first place, then she would have struggled with this, occasionally sparing the boy a glance. Yeah, she remembered details. Although ...
"Got any allergies?" she asked, tickling him behind the ear with the quill.

Swatting at his ear, Zeke turned his attention to Emily a considerate expression softening his features. "Uuuhhhhhhhhhh......." he shrugged. He didn't know. Nothing had tried killing him just yet, but he coudln't be sure.

Emily took that to mean, no. Excellent. Anthony's reassurances were appreciated, though not necessary, she was more concerned about the trouble Zeke would get himself in, not so much their ability to handle its aftermath. At any rate, she secretly wished them luck. On the odd chance he behaved himself, he'd talk their ears off, likely drive them mad with all his questions... at least it was the right place, if not the right time.

He had been listening to the adult talk, he had, and he wasn't impressed. "Actually, it's Mr. Rogers, not Mr. Zeke... Zeke, or Ezekial is my Christian name." Duuuuuuhhhhh. Did the man not know these things? Should he teach him? He could, he knew things.. he could even teach him mapping and reading stars and compasses and things. Or sword fighting with sticks, he was ace at that too. Though Emily was finally teaching him how to adapt those skills to the use of wands. Pity he had to wait to get one.

Emily had continued reading and writing and signing pages, pausing only to flick him behind the ear at his rude comment. He wasn't wrong, but he could have opted to let it go. She pursed her lips a moment, considering what Anthony had said about arrangements and signing. Merlin.
"So I'm signing my life away..." again... for what felt like the hundredth time this month. She signed, of course, but didn't add any other names. There was nobody else to add, and she could hardly expect Gavin to pick up her slack.

"WHOOOOAAAA!" Zeke jumped at the sight of the peacock!magic!thing! He'd seen Emily's weird dog thing, but this was preeettyyy er, neat. "Can you do that again?" he asked, scooting a little closer to Anthony, content with Emily leaving him here if he could see more magic. "Can I do that? Can I borrow your wand? Teach me?" ...

Emily did well to hide her amusement, yep, she was leaving him here a while. He could burn off that inquisitive energy of his, she'd collect him in time for food and bed.

Going over the papers one last time, in case she'd missed something, Emily placed the quill down on the desk and soon slid the forms in Anthony's direction. "They look to be in order," she stated in time to see the blonde woman approach. Cheerful, bright, feminine... yeah, it was a good thing Zeke was staying here and not her. "Pleased to make your acquaintance," she greeted extending her hand to shake -- it was force of habit. "Emily Browne, and this is my... son... Zeke." Son? Son?... that would take a lot of getting used to.

"Hi!" he chimed in, eyes on the lady. "Can you do magic? Do you have a peacock too?" and more to the point, could she let him do magic?

Anthony listened to the banter between the two and grinned. It was nice to see that sort of relationship; the parent/child one. Though, it didn't make him long for something similar, as it never did when seeing these things. Perhaps he was just one of those people that wouldn't have children.

...and then Zeke was teaching him about his name...in an unnecessary sassy fashion, yes, but he wasn't a stranger to 'tude. 95 percent of the SA employees oozed the non-existent substance...and then there was Ferris Karten; the other 5 percent. Anthony never minded it...since he enjoyed sass in all it's varying degrees. "I apologize for getting it wrong, Zeke...but it is a very nice name." He paused to glance at Miss Browne.

Also, Zeke's reaction to the patronus was both comical and gratifying. Even if his questions that followed were a bit off the wall. "Patronuses are easy...when you're older and have had practice." Nod. "...and you'll get your own wand in just a couple of years."...meaning no, Anthony was not about to hand his wand over. Surely Miss Browne, nor Athena, would have appreciated that.

SPOILER!!: Athena!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennMarie View Post

It was one thing to be in the next room looking over things, alone at that, it was something completely different when a giant peacock!patronus was prancing into the room making you fall over from its sight. She only fell over given the fact of it being a hunted building without a dount and all she saw at first was this huge white WHISP thing before her eyes focused and saw a patronus with a message.

Pulling herself together the blonde took a breath and shook the freaked out feeling out of her before bringing her A gamesmile to her face and walking into the next room where she found Anthony, as she expected along with a woman and a young boy.

Children! Finally she can actually make herself useful. It was a plus that the boy was older and she was able to properly communicate with him, unlike babies or some toddlers. "oh, hello!" she said brightly with a wave to them all as she made her way across the room. "im Athena Smith." introductions yes, to the woman and child in the room, Anthony already knew who she was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennMarie View Post

Oh, there was a hand, Athena reached out and shook the woman's hand, " Nice to meet you Mrs. Brown and Zeke." she said looking down at the boy, offering her hand to him as well, he was a cute kid, and older, she liked the older kids cause they knew how to listen which was great on her end, and it was just him so far so as of now he was pretty much in charge!

not that she'd tell him that though. "of course i can do magic."
she said smiling brightly though no she didnt have a peacock. " i dont have a peacock, i do however have a shiny fox that maybe ill let you see later, sound good?" no harm in showing off her patronus, yeah? though if more kids showed up she probably couldnt do that. "How old are you Zeke?"
how old how old, she was guessing seven, eight maybe. this was fun..

if only the other voices stopped singing.

With Athena's arrival, Anthony moved back, pulling and skimming the documentation. This was also good because it gave the two a chance to talk before Miss Browne headed off to work. To put her mind at ease...or to be reassured that they could handle her son. Hopefully. He was a wide-eyed child. Very curious. Very much a boy.

Everything did, in fact, look in order, though. All the spaces signed; "I"s dotted and "T"s crossed. Lifting his wand, Anthony performed a quick duplication spell, planning to take the copy to his office to be filed. "Well, ladies. I'm off. Miss Browne, you have a fantastic day at work...Athena, I'll see you in a bit." With a final smile, he pushed away from the desk and headed out the door, stopping to offer a wave to Zeke.

Now...he had an owl to send.

Livin' in ruins of a palace, within our dreams...____________
We're on each other's team._____
Govoni is offline   Reply With Quote