View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 08:18 PM   #194 (permalink)
Presley Black
Ravenclaw
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Xavier Rodriguez Fullmer
First Year
Dancing Through Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Penguin View Post
Ian watched as she swam around. She was a little ball of energy, this one. I suppose I've just grown up with time to myself. Part of being an only child. But I think it would be interesting to have a brother or sister. There were problems with that, he thought to himself, because there might be less to go around, less privacy and someone touching his things.

He listened as he swam closer, just to move his legs some. His hip did feel a little better here in the water. Wow! Ian exclaimed. That must have been challenging. So she has some hearing for the music? He didn't understand why a deaf person would want music up any louder if they couldn't hear it. Where does your family live?

As he was treading water he felt the cool water splash his face and he sputtered. He shook his head and wiped his face. I think that there are things that are fun besides being outside Ian grinned. He was having fun and thought that Gwen was a nice person that seemed interested in the things he had to say, not like that silly git, Bart.
Gwen still just couldn't imagine it. She'd never been all by herself before. She had come from her wild house to Hogwarts where it felt like having a million brothers and sisters. "Do your parents take you a lot of places then?" Because Gwen's made an effort to have one on one time with each kid, but if all of that was combined into one child, he must spend a lot of his time doing fun things with his parents.

Hearing for the music? Gwen shook her head. "No, she can't hear it." How to explain this? "You know when music is really loud and you can feel it in your body? Like it vibrates the floor and you can feel it?" Did that make sense? "She turns it up loud so she can feel it." But if Ian was used to a quiet environment, maybe he'd never been in a situation where the music was loud like that, and he wouldn't understand what she meant.

And they'd gotten round to where she lived. "We used to live in New York, which is why I've got the accent, but last year we moved to London." Which was why Gwen was going to Hogwarts. As she understood it, only students in the UK got letters to Hogwarts if they were muggleborn. If they were still in New York, she'd be going to a different school. Salem Witches Academy maybe?

She shrugged, allowing him the fun statement. "Sure, I guess." Nothing that Gwen liked to do, but it was fine if he did. He should have been in Ravenclaw, they liked people who liked to read there. She shivered a little. The day was colder than she'd originally thought, and especially in the water.