View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 05:43 AM   #185 (permalink)
Saiai

DIMC & DMAC
Cockatrice

Ministry RPG Name:
Dmitry Konstantinov
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Joshua Falsworth
Accidents & Catastrophes

x1 x2
cœur perfide | super prosecutor | Ameh's Squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
Hearing her name being called, Lux looked over and saw Ana approaching. "Heey there!" she said as she waved out excitedly. Wow, Ana looked super pretty today! Beaming as she was joined on the blanket, she saw three Thermoses being placed down as well as some containers. This was super duper exciting, because she had a feeling that at least a few of those containers held Russian foods that she really wanted to try.

"Oh, yes. I made sure not to fill up on Chocolate Frogs." Laughing, she patted her stomach and then rubbed her hands together. "I want to see what you brought for us to eat." She was a very curious child, and she loved food.
"That was probably a good idea," Ana agreed as she closed her bag after double checking she'd gotten everything out of it. Satisfied that she had Ana put the bag beside her, out of the way of the food and Lux.

As she turned back to face the younger girl she couldn't stop the indulgent smile that came over her face. Lux's curiosity was endearing, she didn't even bother to remind her that patience was a virtue as she might have done with her own sister. Katya would have a field day with that if she knew.

"The smaller thermos contains a traditional Russia drink known as Sbiten. We tend to drink it in the Winter months and it's served hot, it's also honey based and quite delicious, Ana explained as she indicated the thermos she was talking about to make sure there was no confusion. "The other thermos' contain Rassolnik, which is a Russian soup. I actually made this using my Babushka's, that means grandmother, recipe. It contains pickled cucumbers and is really tasty," Ana assured Lux, also taking the opportunity to teach her another Russian word. Lux would definitely be more advanced than Bay and Tessa by the time they actually got to have their lessons.

Now that she'd explained what was in the thermos' Ana turned her attention back to the containers. "Now this is a Prague Cake," she explained as she pulled the lid off the container and revealed what was inside. "I think you'll like it because it's got a lot of chocolate. My Mamochka, a word for mum, made this and sent it to me so I thought I'd share it with you," she told the little girl, giving her a bright smile. She'd only brought two pieces of the cake with her but if Lux liked it then she'd give her some more at a later date. "And last but not least this container contains Syrniki," Ana told her as she opened the container to reveal the pancakes which she'd gotten the house elves to reheat so that they'd be warm now. "These have goats cheese in them, so if you don't like that you wont like these, but they're a traditional food and we eat them a lot, served like this they'd be a breakfast food but we also have them as a dessert," Ana explained, before leaning back and looking at Lux. She really did hope that she liked the food, especially the soup.