View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 02:33 AM   #360 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
Default off to the offices, we guess? XD
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
Emily rather liked her spot, clinging to the reception bench, and it was an excellent vantage point for what she saw next - Vic sliding into view. He pulled it off well. His announcement though, resulted in raised brows. Roxanne was already here... or had he summoned her? Either way, "Good stuff," she noted with a nod, still clutching because she didn't fancy falling on her bottom in front of her people again. That being said, how come the ice hadn't taken him by surprise? "Tell me it's not raining in there too?" she asked, a finger pointing in the direction of the offices where he had just come from. Please, Circe, NO!

And then as luck would have it, another person slid into view! That chick from the food court... who'd have thought it huh?
"You're standing in it," she added, trying her best not to sound sarcastic - she probably failed at that one. Could you blame her?

Now, there were two of them, so they could FIX this, yes? Stop her level being flooded and cold and dreary and interfering in their work!

Speaking of work things, "My lot, I have a mission for you," she started, still not impressed with these happenings. "Waterproof EVERYTHING," everything. She meant it. EVERYTHING. "Everything necessary." They were of course capable of telling the difference, no? "And restore anything that requires it."

Merlin.

Thankfully all case files and IMPORTANT documentation, evidences and so forth were already protected, but there were other things that weren't.
Well then... was there any need for the sarcastic comments? Honestly, Alex didn't really know the younger woman, but she was unimpressed thus far. Sure she was frustrated, but weren't they all? It wasn't as if the Environmental Department was very large, not to mention majority of its employees worked off-site.

Shaking her head, as the woman addressed 'her lot', as if those visiting to HELP weren't important, Alex instead focused on her surroundings and trying not to fall on her bottom . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblinfrog View Post
"Hey!" Penwyn ran after Alex to the second level. Climate charms may not have been her specialty, but maybe she could help anyway as she came from the same department and Alex looked like she needed help. Then she slipped with a OOF! as she slid and skidded on the freezing floor.
Oh Penwyn! What a surprise! Smiling appreciatively when she noticed her colleague present to assist, she continued surveying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
Okay, so happening for awhile but not really sure how long, since everyone had just gotten there. Roxanne nodded to let Sky know that she'd heard and made note of it. "Seating Area of the food court and Mr. Yenorin's office are the only ones I know of so far," she answered Benjy as she readied her wand to start working on the charm.

Until she was stopped by someone's rude comment, that was. Roxanne sent a look in the woman's direction that clearly told the woman she was an idiot. "Well, gee Emily, I don’t know. I don't think I'm qualified enough, seeing as I'm just a lowly Department Head compared to your ever so high and mighty MLEers........." she replied with her own smirk. Sure, it might've been kinda catty, but seriously? Law Enforcement should at least know who the other department heads are, for security reasons. "I have no idea, seeing as I've been running around working myself and haven't had time to ask."

Then someone else joined their little impromptu ice-skating party, followed quickly by Alex and Penwyn. Sigh. "Alex, please follow that gentleman to whichever office it's raining in and I'll deal with the charms in here. Penwyn, please go back to our department and patronus me or Alex if any other level needs us." Hopefully she'd realize that she'd be more help there, because Roxanne really didn't feel like arguing with one of her own, not when she was already ready to blast Emily for how far she'd let the quality of people in here drop (really it was only the two in the room currently, but still...). Seriously, she was on the verge of filing a formal complaint with Kettleburn!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblinfrog View Post
Penwyn carefully stood back up and realized that her boss was also already here. Oh. "So...um...I guess I'm not exactly needed here" She said awkwardly right as Carter sent her back with a different task. "Okay, but be ready to receive a Patronus every five minutes. I wouldn't be surprised if every floor got hit. But I'll do what you ask anyway." That she said hurriedly at the look on Roxanne's face. She didn't look in the mood for disagreements. Penwyn turned around and ran out of the room, tripping a few more times on the way.
It seemed ... they were divided. Weren't they all Ministry employees? And yet the Law Enforcement Head seemed to address her kind, whilst Roxanne addressed herself and Penwyn. Alright. Follow the gentlemen. The prosecutor, yup, she knew the one. Nodding politely at Penwyn - who was off to wait on level four for word about other departments with climate issues - and then at Roxanne, Alex turned slid around toward the Prosecutor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Soul View Post

OH okay, the department head was obviously stressed out. Vic got it. But no sarcastic comments were allowed to be thrown at his boss, he playfully squinted his eyes at the "Green" lady, then mouthed to Emily, 'Do I arrest her' GRIN. Oh Merlin, he was not taking this seriously. He was in a good mood, okay? His papers were saved.

"Yes, ma'am." he answered the environment boss finally, "This way, miss." He smiled at the one remaining employee, sliiiiding away from the chair, and holding his hands out for her in case she wasn't familiar with skiing or sliding on icy floors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Announcer View Post
Upon making the charm visible, you find that it is broken as part of it is missing, almost as if something very small had chewed it's way through.

How odd.
Wand at her side, because she was a skilled witch, Alex nodded toward the prosecutor, sliding after him. Though she was grateful for his hands, she was quite content to skate on her own. It was like flashbacks to when she was young-er. Just before she turned the corridor though, she caught glimpse of a charm. And of something else ... the same thing she saw in the food seating area.

Odd. This was definitely more than just wonky climates, she hoped they realized.

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.