View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 03:33 AM   #24 (permalink)
SlytherinSistah
Special Services to the School

DoM
Ramora

Ministry RPG Name:
Jasper Mitterbill
Mysteries
x9 x3
C.R.E.A.M | Haitian Sensation | Shark Patronus | Your Huckleberry | T's ClayBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathEater1 View Post
"Lovely name," Marcela quipped, finding it a much more fitting name than Ninny. It would be quite peculiar if it were otherwise, no? Not that there's anything wrong with having a nickname in the likes of Ninny, but still. Maybe it acted in a way that deserved a nickname such as Ninny? No, that wouldn't make much sense either. Owls were just as intelligent as they were adorable. He then mentioned how his nephew dubbed his owl with the name, which she found quite adorable. Young children and their nicknames were always quite so. "Yeah, I would know." Of course, Hemmingway had been a Barn Owl, so she had quite the affection and intellect for them.

"No, I went to Beaubaxtons, actually. I'm not quite that young," Marcela informed Jasper. Semi-jokingly at that. Whenever she spent her time in Diagon Alley, she frequently got some sort of remark like this. It was to her knowledge that she had been some sort of legend, but she had never prompted herself to do so. She would have to before the school year started back up. As for being too young, she was quite flattered! But no. It was that she was part-veela, whatever fraction it was. Wasn't very big, for that matter.

Oh? Oohhh. Yes, she had mentioned that her owl had passed away. But, something about those four little words she'd uttered brought home how important Marcela's owl must have been to her. Perhaps, it might have even been more recently than he'd imagined. But, oh, magical schools! She'd gone elsewhere. Which Jasper actually found quite a good thing. It would save him having to struggle with his long ago memories that were sometimes difficult to recall. Not to mention having to elaborate on the Slytherin Prefect. It was a fine tale to be sure, but you simply had to have been there. "Beauxbatons Academy of Magic? What an experience that must have been. And, not to worry. I may not have gone to Beauxbatons myself, but I like to think I have enough refinement to not ask you what years you attended."

"Are you French, then, Marcela?" Although, maybe she seemed more Catalonian.