View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 03:21 AM   #110 (permalink)
SlytherinSistah
Special Services to the School

DoM
Ramora

Ministry RPG Name:
Jasper Mitterbill
Mysteries
x9 x3
C.R.E.A.M | Haitian Sensation | Shark Patronus | Your Huckleberry | T's ClayBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post

Simon had to agree there, it was despicable. Crime was bad to begin with but when it was done upon certain groups like children and perhaps the elderly or disabled, then it had an even deeper hit to the gut. It didn't help either when it effected people he had been close to like Kurumi and Vindictus.

"Possibly..." he answered not entirely denying it as an option. "But not likely unless she's extremely good with wandless magic since she's been without a wand since her imprisonment." It did make the auror try to remember if her lawyer was allowed his when they were together. But that lead to dangerous territory since it made Simon think the possible imperioed person was law enforcement since they would have been the ones around.

"Edgeworth could have..." he mused aloud, trying to put the idea into the path of possibility. He of course was unavailable to see what his wand had dealt with. "Though it would still show up in any checks because whoever it was created unauthorized portkeys which leaves a trail in the magic." That would have been an peculiar case...getting a red flag and the person having no clue, even doublechecking with legitmacy or veritserum, that it had been done.

And all law had been cleared. Hadn't they?

Jasper stopped in place and Simon reacted to lack of presence beside him and stopped himself a couple of steps ahead. "The additional scans being run during the wand weighing procedure each day," he said as he turned around, wondering if perhaps the other man hadn't registered the additional time taken. Or they weren't being done all the time because he had been aware regardless of prior knowledge. "The best way to assure those coming to the ministry haven't completed the spells needed to assist deTalone with the portkeys. Though those in Transportation are tricky of course."
The older wizards face seemed to almost blush as he realized that the wand weighing procedures hadn't been standard. "Oh. I'm sorry, I hadn't realized that they were being done on her account. I'm new to the Ministry." True, it hadn't been a constant, but it was enough the Jasper had thought it might have been a precaution on behalf of having hired so many new people, any number of which could've been a potential vessel for seedy infiltration. Especially within Simon's own department, he imagined.

"Only just started, but I am not new to my line of work and I think I have found something recently which may be of use to this particular case. Would you like to see it, Simon?" He said unsure of whether or not to use the man's first or last name.

Last edited by SlytherinSistah; 11-24-2013 at 03:30 AM.