View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #107 (permalink)
Holmesian Feline

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

SPOILER!!: Jasper
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlytherinSistah View Post
"Oh? You look quite young, Mr. Bennett. What did you do while you were in the Department of Mysteries, if you don't mind me asking? And, it's Mitterbill. Jasper Mitterbill." His smile was a little on the worn side, but nonetheless sincere and he started slowly down the corridor. Just because they were exchanging information did not mean that they couldn't put a little road behind them. Time was essential, afterall. Never more so than in a case like this.

"Yes." Jasper answered Mr. Bennett almost disbelieving. "I've heard about that. Read about it in the Prophet as a matter of fact. She sounds incredibly unstable." And for Jasper Mitterbill to say that about anyone, really, this chick HAD to be out-her-mind. "Dangerous, really. I'm afraid of her." He shamelessly admitted. Briefly, when the case first broke he thought he could understand where she was coming from. We could all use a little more time, even if she went about it the wrong way. But then he'd heard about the victims. That poor Hollingberry girl in particular. Her life would NEVER be the same and it was all because that de Talone witch took something from her that could never have been recovered. "But, not so afraid that I would idle whilst she did more harm. How did she even come by getting a portkey to work inside the courtrooms? I thought they were meant to be secure against such methods of exits and entries? Could she have used her...I hesitate to use the word, but talents... of time taking to have stolen just the right moment when the protective spells would've went up that morning?" Curious, curious, curious. Jasper could feel his mind starting to race and wander about the possibilities. He was not really a practical wizard, but he could be very creative.

The young comment gained a slightly raised eyebrow in response. Granted his next birthday only marked the first quarter century of his life but Simon didn't consider that 'quite young'. "A rather innocent training search a few years ago, interestingly enough, started much like this. Heading out from the courtrooms and going level by level on." He hoped the unspeakable hadn't thought that it had been anything more significant including working on Level 9 himself and not just knowing of people who did.

"Simon..." he added, rebooting his movements as he supplied his first name since Mitterbill...Jasper had given his in exchange. He himself wouldn't be quick to forget his companion's name as it was his brother's. He nodded as he walked and listened to the older man speak about what he had heard, making himself aware of what Jasper might not have been privy too. His ears on his companion and his eyes aware of his surroundings splitting his attention to complete his task and the assisting conversation as well.

"Fortunately neither of us are in the greatest danger from her, for she much prefers school kids as her ultimate targets." The ones who were innocent and less likely to keep themselves safe from the likes of deTalone. "And that's one of the mysteries we're looking into. All of it points to having inside help but no one yet has stood out as a possibility. Not with the added measures already put into place. " The morning routine had changed since the wand weighers were checking wands for added traces. At least it made the auror sure Jasper had passed suspicion.