View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #54 (permalink)
Magical Soul
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6
Dalliesa | Ab-Bot | Hogwarts Trojan War |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
She'd watched as the eagle origami circled above her desk before landing, her gaze quickly scanning its contents to identify its level of importance... it could wait, for now. Sliding it to the side of her desk, she continued to give Vic her undivided attention. In terms of his reading people through possessions, she was curious. "And, what can you ascertain about me by my office?" She wanted to know.

Emily, resting the tips of her fingers against each other, observed from her seat. She nod her head as she listened, liking what she was hearing... clearly. "I'm glad to her that." Perhaps there was still some hope for this department... if Vic was anything to go by.

Crossing her right arm around her middle, propping up her left, Emily absentmindedly ran her nails across her thumb in thought. "I would think," she started, breaking the brief silence, "that ministry prosecution isn't your career goal, where do you see yourself going with this?"
Vic swallowed, still clinging to the smile on his face, not admitting that her questions were definitely nervous-making. He could play smart and fool around with Lucie, but this was... real. His boss and stuff. "Business is business, personal affairs are strictly off the table here." He was a Ravenclaw though, he'd answer any question.

Oh see! Nothing to be nervous about, he was saying all the right things so far and she was liking it. Merlin, it was much easier to dance with your boss in a hot dress than sit across from her in a shirt and some pants.

Aaaah, they were talking about his ambition today? He liked it. Vic leaned forward a little and his fingers drummed on his thigh rapidly, a gesture of excitement and nerves. "Wizengamot is the division I'd like to climb the ladder of opportunities." He paused. "Legislation, looking into the laws that organize and make our wizarding world the way it is, discussing laws necessary in critical and special cases. This is what I see myself working for, in the present, and in the future." And not regretting the hours he spent among papers, files and shelves of books.