View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #47 (permalink)
Magical Soul
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6
Dalliesa | Ab-Bot | Hogwarts Trojan War |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
There was a rare moment, in those few days where Emily found she had time to step out of her office. Among meetings, checking in with the divisions and interviewing or conducting performance management reviews, bathroom breaks had come to be one of those small pleasures in life. It just so happened she was returning from such a break, only to find she had a guest.

"Vic, how nice of you to stop by," she greeted casually, stepping up beside him to lower the wards on her office before swinging to door wide open. "I was wondering when we'd get a chance to, chat."
Emily strode in ahead of him, a wave of her hand beckoning him to follow... and close the door behind himself.
Vic smiled over at Emily when she turned out to be outside the office and moved a little to allow her to open the door for them. "How nice of you to allow me in." He walked in after her and closed the door.

The office was fancy, mahogany and had a grand desk in the middle. Vic's eyes wandered to the walls, the books and the portraits, plus the map. He went to sit on the only other chair in the office after making sure Emily had sat, and tried to find any family photographs on her desk or the wall behind her. Nope. Nothing. He had a picture of his two siblings in his office's drawer, but that was only because his office was everyone's office in their division. Heh.

"I hope I'm not taking the time of anyone or anything else. I waited until the stream of people walking into your office had thinned."