View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #41 (permalink)
Saiai

DIMC & DMAC
Cockatrice

Ministry RPG Name:
Dmitry Konstantinov
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Joshua Falsworth
Accidents & Catastrophes

x1 x2
cœur perfide | super prosecutor | Ameh's Squishy

"Thank-you, so am I. Although I feel more sorry for the victims than anything else. We may have worked hard on preparing the case and so be invested in the outcome but they've had to watch de Talone escape justice multiple times. That being said I'm sure the Auror's will catch up with her soon," Skander said, sounding slightly resigned, but still hopeful as he leaned forward to read the parchment she slid over to him. It was a good pay rise.

Skander was about to get up and leave when he remembered something that he should perhaps discuss with Emily. "Actually there is something I need to discuss with you. Due to the unfortunate result of the de Talone trial the Minister is apparently worried about bad press, perhaps not unnecessarily. While as an employee of the MLE I find it slightly ridiculous that the Minister wants time to be wasted on making sure the story doesn't hit the press, as a liaison I've been given instructions to ask you if there are any human interest stories to give to the press," Skander replied, his distaste for the idea present in his tone of voice. While he did understand the need for good press he didn't see how suppressing the story would do any good in the long run. It would likely only hinder their efforts to find de Talone.

"Also, I meant to mention this earlier, but due to the chaos after the escape I didn't get a chance to talk to Wes, and considering you're now the Head I suppose it may be appropriate to tell you... Miss Hollingberry mentioned in her testimony that Amarantha de Talone had been using the Book of Mysteria to steal the time of her original victims but had lost access too it. However, before she disappeared de Talone mentioned that she had found the book. I may not be an investigator but I think that finding out where the Book of Mysteria is, making sure it's still wherever it was moved too if we know where it is might help with tracking her down," Skander finished, hoping that he wasn't wasting Emily's time by mentioning the book in the first place, as he certainly knew that he was doing so by asking about the human interest story for the Prophet.