View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 02:19 AM   #22 (permalink)
Albert Kettleburn
Minister for Magic
Lobalug

Minister's Office

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan arjay View Post
Since Zach first met the Minister that day at Warfield's office, he has been meaning to meet the man. He just hope it is the right time for that.

He knocked on the door, and seeing that the Senior Undersecretary wasn't in his office he just went straight to the Minister's office.

He waited for an answer looking at his robe and sorting the kinks out.
Another knock? It was practically raining employees. Excellent.

"Enter," Albert called to whoever was waiting at the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fastest seeker View Post

"I sure will," She nodded towards the minister making a mental note to pass on the message to the other fellow employees. Currently they had no complains, though that might change any time and it was good to know where to go and voice what was on their minds.

And now to the main task, she listened intently to what was said processing the task she was being given. At first she thought it might be some handing files to delivering a message to one of the levels. An ordinary kind of task. Though, this was interesting and strayed from her usual and repeated duties.

"I can certainly work on that," She answered with such confidence as her eyes took a sweeping look around the office noting the furniture around and switching to a female fascinated and interested in decorating. "I will collect samples that'd fit and replace the old pieces of furniture then l shall bring them for you to pick, Sir," did he approve of this plan or had different arrangement.
She already had ideas. He could tell. Albert gave the woman a serious nod before taking in the office himself. "If you don't mind... I prefer comfort and utility over style. Nothing flashy, please. We certainly need a new desk and chair, new chairs for guests with matching upholstery, curtains, a curio cabinet or credenza, and several bookshelves." At least several. Albert had a lot of books.

Hmm, what else? "I'd also like to arrange for someone to watch my grandchildren should I bring them to work with me on occasion. I'd prefer to keep them here in the office, and I'd pay whoever overtime out of my pocket rather than on the clock. Let me know if anyone is suitable for that task."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ExpelliarMOOSE View Post
Warfield smiled and nodded as Kettleborn asked him to take a seat, he even gave Ms. Smith a curt nod as the Minister spoke with her about redecorating his office to his standard. Not half a bad idea, he wondered if he could get her to do the same for him, maybe even his Living room back home. Merlin, that place need a new look for a while.

"Stuffy? Hmmm." Warfield sat in silence to see if he felt a taf stuffy himself in the room, but didn't quite feel it. Different feel it he supposed. "I'll see if I can send someone down about it. Was there anything else you wished to discuss. I was under the impression we'd discuss a dress code of sorts."
Albert waited as Warfield worked things out before continuing. "Yes... we do need to work on the dress code. Can you imagine... I was walking through the corridor earlier and someone in denim. And a t-shirt." He almost visibly shivered as his hands adjusted his bow tie. "And street shoes. Inappropriate skirt lengths. Tube tops. It's all a distraction and unprofessional. We must formalize our policy immediately. And we must enforce it."