View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #73 (permalink)
Hera
Dark Force Defense League

DMC
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Hart
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Olympia Stanton
Magical Creatures

x10 x10
½ EagleBrain ♥ Creeperdoodle ♥ Raven Dor ♥ Berry ♥ ½ Team House Elf

SPOILER!!: The Fellow People Watcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post

He shook his head. This woman was something else. He'd met a few that shared the same few, his sister included and found it amusing at the very least. Not that he'd tell her he found it funny. No. She...she had trouble keeping her hands to herself...even without punching him she could still very well make him regret it. He would accept her grunt and move on. No harm would come through that.

Oh she knew she lived a boring life. Well that was different. Most people he told that to became offended and tried scrambling for every mishap that they managed to stumble through. Unimpressive but he listened. What else was there to do when they refused to let him enjoy his drink alone.

He raised an eyebrow at her response. "So you do get out at some point." Even Aurors needed down time. It must have been taxing knowing you were going to potentially scar your next victim. He'd never seen them in action, didn't care to. Trouble had a way of being passed to him second hand. He tried to avoid that when he could. "Think you'll have that time on, say Friday?" He didn't meet a lot of people here that he could tolerate and consequently hadn't had a drink with pleasant company in a while--as pleasant as this one could get anyway. He would ask Victoria but...she was...not herself at the moment. He could do without having his face attacked with kisses, thanks.

Oh, was it his turn to share? "I'm an Unspeakable." That was pretty much all he was going to say on that matter. Apparently the people here took that kind of thing seriously? He couldn't see why but there it was. "Noticed anyone acting strange lately. That's our fault. It'll be a train wreck by the time it's all over." He could drop that in. She wasn't at the meeting, she wasn't amortentia'd, she'd never have known otherwise.

"I should probably apologize in advance in case you walk out of this lift and get proposed to." He couldn't keep track of all the test subjects, he didn't know what they'd do.

Oh? That surprised him? "I may lead a boring life, but I'm not a hermit." Granted, large social gatherings weren't her thing, so they were few and far between. Pubs were different though, she liked those. Noisy establishments with half decent food, a place to take her mind off things and just, relax.
"Friday?" Emily echoed, a smirk forming in the corner of her lips. "I think I could manage that," she added after a short pause. Oddly enough, she was beginning to form a habit of accepting social invitations. Emily was suddenly reminded of Wes at the Orientation Thingo he forced her to be at. That smug look on his face....

Oh great. "Ahhh, you work with Izzy then," or work for, Izzy. Heh. Well at least if Gavin got weird again she could go and complain to the woman about the people she kept in her department. Though upon getting to know him somewhat, he wasn't all that bad, and he improved the view in the drab lift. Bonus. "Strange?" Emily asked, thinking of anything she may have seen recently, though nothing struck her as strange Or stranger than usual at least. And even the strange things she had seen, Emily doubted it had anything to do with the amortentia testing... "Izzy tried talking me into signing up for that... " but she failed "... it's just, not me." Emily knew better than to engage in such ludicrous activities, lovey dovey crap made her uncomfortable on the best of days, so she could hardly imagine subjecting herself to that fluffy juvenile obsessive crushing stuff. Ew.
"Yeah... thanks for that, but I'll be fine. I have skills, and holding cells." Ergo, if anyone tried anything with her, they'd be locked up or otherwise dealt with.
"I seriously hope you haven't just jinxed me," she mused, straight faced. "If it does happen, I'm coming for you." Knowing her luck, it probably would happen. The world had a way of making her life hell in that way.