View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 01:52 AM   #70 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: *is creeped*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post

"Occupational hazard," she mused. And lets face it, dangerous was interesting and interesting was not boring, ergo, yes, not boring was attractive. Or at least, that's the way she saw it. As for how it's been working out for her? ... "I know what I'm doing, so it's been working fine." She hadn't had any issues, nope. None. Then again being non-committal and building walls may have had something to do with that. See, she could admire the bad boys and not get caught between a rock and a hard place. She said she liked them, she didn't say she kept them.

Gavin's words, as convoluted as the topic was becoming, were understood. It made perfect sense, she wasn't going to argue the point. "That's out of our control though, so the danger is in the caring of someone who pretends to care but doesn't... and if we're smart enough, which I think we are, then it's caring for the person who pretends to care that we know does not which hurts us..." ergo, avoid caring. That wasn't to say she avoided people in general, that would be too difficult. Rather it made her more selective of the people she encountered on a frequent basis.

Wait...

She didn't mean that. "Not to say I get hurt... I don't. No hurting." She would have pinched her hand for good measure, if it could have helped. But she didn't.

Emily was thankful for the shift in conversation, she didn't want the whole mushy feelings personal stuff to come out in a lift. "What life?" she answered Gavin's question with one of her own. Enough said right? Or not.
"I work, I eat, I sleep and I repeat. Does that answer your question?" Granted, she was much busier now than when she was just an Auror, who knew being the HEAD of something could be so ridiculously tedious.

Occupational hazard?

Snort.

"Trust an Auror to think they can take on anything and accomplish everything." It was no surprize that half of them were bound to be Gryffindors. He bet she was one of those people who saw life as one big adventure. "I'm glad you have it all figured out." He tried looking as serious as possible, even gave her a solemn nod.

As much as he'd rather not admit it, she was right. That was usually a determining factor. Still the 'we' and 'us'...he'd rather not think of himself as one of those people who got hurt. Those days were gone. So he'd just nod...and nod a bit more enthusiastically at her not getting hurt. "Right. Of course not. I wouldn't expect an Auror to...yeah. No hurt." He should just stop talking now, or just stop talking about this before it had a chance to get awkward.

"That," He said, smiling to himself, "is even more boring than the life I live and that's saying a lot." He didn't like going out in public often, sue him. "Do you ever have time in that oh so busy schedule of yours to have a drink at the Leaky Cauldron?" Random question, completely random and had no meaning in anyway at all.

He should have probably just found something else to change the topic to.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.