View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #68 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: *flails* Creeperdoodle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post

Merlin, he didn't require a response to that did he? Because frankly, if he lost his face (because let's face it, that was likely), she wouldn't care. Sure, it was nice to look at in the moment, but at the end of the day there were plenty more in the world. Nicer, even. Not that she would say such things to Gavin, he seemed a little on the soft side...
"I'll take your word for it," she nodded, settling with the statement as opposed to staring at him like a complete creeperdoodle.

Again, she shrugged. "What can I say, I like the bad boys." Truth. She did have a thing for bad boys, or more to the point, the forbidden fruit... if they were even remotely out of reach, she would relish the thrill of the chase. Be it the auror in her, there was something satisfying about getting what you wanted, like a predator to its prey. Success.

"Absolutely," Emily continued to agree. Gavin was clever, sharp, and had good views, and not just his face. She'd begun to wonder what more they could possibly agree on when they finally disagreed on something once more. Healthy living and stair taking aside, he was full of rubbish. To an extent. "Yes, but if people care, then I am also more likely to engage with them to an extent and then reciprocate that caring." And caring was ... scary. Worse than heights, or darkness.

It wasn't just a matter of falling, it was making sure you could hold yourself together, and not grow weak in its aftermath. Falling from a height had the potential to result in some scrapes, broken bones and in the worst case scenario, death. Not that scary. Caring too much for someone.. could leave you emotionally and psychologically damaged, and there were no quick fixes for those. Resulting in a lifetime of turmoil.

Taking his word for anything was the best advice he would give to anyone but he wouldn't' hold his breath with her. If there was going to be any breaking of his face it would probably be her doing...whether by accident which he highly DOUBTED or full out purpose, probably for something he was bound to say. That happened. It used to happen quite a lot for reasons he still wasn't clear about.

And there was something interesting to note...for no particular reason, just noting purposes. "You're one of those people who find life a bit more interesting on the dangerous side." Aurors. Pfft. "How's that been working out for you?" Not that he cared, though it would have been interesting to know. Did things like that ever work out?

She had a point with what she'd just said, but only because he used to think like that. That didn't get him very far, nope. He nodded slowly, not agreeing, just understanding. "I don't think it's fair to say that, not fair to you. If they cared then you caring wouldn't be a problem. It's them not caring but pretending they do that causes the problem." The thing with life was. not. many. people. cared. Kinda made the whole liking bad boys thing seem a bit more odd to him. They had a way of not caring that was especially good...just not for the people being not cared for.

Aaaaand this conversation was sinking to the same level as the earlier touching. Things he'd rather not discuss if he could help it. "How busy would you say is the life of an Auror." Give her something else to think about, yeah?

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.