View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 02:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
Lissy Longbottom
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
[/spoiler]
Ah. Yes. That WAS a good point. Aron did not believe in coincidences. Not to that scale at least. So instead of a proper response there was a whole lot of hmmmmmmm-ing going on from his desk as he leaned against it and drank more of his coffee. He was almost done with his first mug of the stuff by this point.

"The powder has been tampered with?" he said, mouth open wide and coffee dribbling out of it in the process. Fantastic. All over his white shirt. "Do you mean someone broke into my office and did something to it over the holidays?" Sweet SWEET Merlin what else could go wrong on Level 3? Wait, no, he was not going to entrain the thought of 'what else.' Aron set his now empty mug down and then walked over to look at the powder. "I would offer up the lab on this level, but there was an explosion at the start of the year. Completely unusable. You'll have to use the one on Level 2." He was already groaning in his head about this. Derek was going to be SO distracted from his work and Miss Don't Tough This on level 2 was likely to be a great hinderance. Unless their talk at the orientation had been an indication of her calming down. "Let me know if you need someone from my Potion Accident Response Team for your investigation. Meriwether is one of the best in the business and has a strong team under his supervision."

Looked like it was busy times ahead. Speaking of lab explosion....he ought to go check on tha----

HOLD THAT THOUGHT!

Aron's jaw was hanging open like a Venus Flytrap - and probably a fly or two flew in and out in the time he just stood there staring at the hummingbird patronus. Happening. It. Happening. Home. Him. Seren. It. Now. Can. Not. Compute....

"MY WIFE JUST WENT INTO LABOR!?" he suddenly shouted out of both glee and anxiousness. Was that an earthquake? Oh. No. Nevermind. Just his hands shaking.

His eyes were back on Gabriela for now. "Ineedtogo," he said as he grabbed a few things off his desk and shoved them into his briefcase. "Take whatever you need for your investigation and make sure my office is locked as you leave, yeah?" And then he completely forgot that his floo network was having issues in his haste. Aron leaped into his fire place, grabbed some of the faulty floo powder and spoke. "Bristol!"

And then he was gone...and hopefully off to the correct location.
Gabi was about to respond, and to tell him that it was probably the whole SHIPMENT of Floo that was defective, not just one pot, and that she could do testing in her own offices but suddenly...a patronus appeared in the office. Gabi assumed it was something important, and was going to ask what it was when Aron suddenly started babbling and running about.

Oh a baby! How delightful! Gabi barely was able to utter a small "Congratulations!' before he suddenly grabbed the floo powder out of the pot in her hands and jumped into the flames.

"Merlin!" she exclaimed in shock as he literally disappeared in a split second. The flames looked normal but, oh goodness, she hoped he had ended up in the right place! Blinking and slowly getting over the shock of the man diving into a faulty fireplace, she closed the pot of floo powder and tucked it into her purse. She'd examine this back in her office, with the help of her floo employees...

She walked out and, as instructed, turned and pulled out her wand, locking the office behind her.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid