View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lizasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire_faerie View Post
Good, he hadn't been offended by her remark. Wonderful - that meant he would be able to handle feedback and constructive criticism. She basically lived off constructive criticism.

"Right. My name, as you already know, is Meghan Powell. Small note - while pronounced the same, my name is spelled with an 'h' after the 'g'," she began, already getting rid of one of her biggest pet peeves. It was amazing how much a name could bug you so much. She had her parents to thank for that, including her 'colourful' middle name.

"I actually never worked as a journalist - I had a column during my university days in New York, but I've only ever worked in public and foreign relations. I won't bother you with the dry details since I'm sure you have those, but know that I am always open to questions. Prior to my last job in Atlantis, I was absent from the wizarding world from some time, and even though it's been almost two years, I'm still relearning everything, so bear that in mind," she smiled, placing her hands in front of her as she talked.

"When it comes to foreigners, I'm your girl. I've spent my entire life travelling, and I've learned quite a bit about the vast amount of cultures around the world. I am fluent in 14 languages and constantly aiming to know more. Since I have a long history in PR, I am well adept at handling reporters as well, so I can handle that front as well. Anything else, we'll see with time I suppose," she grinned, looked down at her notes and then straight at Mr. Yenorin.

His turn.
Listening as she spoke, he made note of the spelling of her name. He could totally see that! He hated it when people spelled his Gideon as so many people did. Nodding he noted also that she was never an actual journalist but had a column she wrote. Fair enough. His eyes lifted though when she mentioned Atlantis. He'd been there quite a bit himself, being as he'd been ambassador there for Italy. Ugh, she definitely was up on him in regards to languages. He had...3...yeah that was a bit pathetic. He was starting in on French though and hopefully was going to add more to his list, being the position he was in!

"My name is Gidyun Yenorin." he said nodding and sat back in his chair. "Spelled G i d y u n" knowing she was set on her spelling, she'd appreciate that he preferred the same. "I worked in the British ministry for a time in the department of Mysteries as an unspeakable." Yeah skip over that part... Then I took a break for about ten years doing travelling and such and landed up in the Italian Ministry where I worked my way up to the Department head of Accidents & Catastrophes and trained as an auror with who is now my wife. I wanted to do more travelling so I moved to IMC where I worked as ambassador to magical countries and was transferred here when the department head stepped down."