View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lizasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire_faerie View Post
Quickly turning as she heard footsteps, Meghan blinked as she saw a tall man walk towards her. She quickly recognised him from the photograph she had managed to get a hold of and therefore smiled at him. "Good afternoon sir," she nodded to him. She would have replied to his question as well, had he not turned to the door in order to let them both in. Makes sense to have this conversation inside, after all.

"OH LORD!" Meghan exclaimed, all but grazing the ceiling with her head as the alarms went off. Her heart continued to beat a mile a minute when he shut the door and for a few seconds, she was rather speechless.

"... Fortunately," she began once she caught her breath, "I recognised you from a photo I had come across prior to coming to this meeting. Is there, well, any reason you're not supposed to be inside your office?" she asked, already not pleased by this department. No wonder she'd had her work cut out for her all those years - if the department couldn't hand anti-burglar buzzers, then clearly they couldn't take care of the intricate job of managing foreign relations and cooperation.
"I...don't believe so." Turning towards where Zach had been he shook his head. He was positive that hadn't been a joke, or anything. "We were testing these to make sure they worked properly. Opening the door again his hand went around the side trying to find the blasted thing before he opened the door. Finally finding it he pulled it off the door and started fiddling with it trying to shut it off. "Somehow...AHA" flicking the switch, the alarm stopped going off.

Breathing a sigh of relief, he opened the door all the way. "Come on in, somehow we'll figure this out. Stepping further into his office "I'm guessing that someone decided to play a prank. Not thinking anything of anything else possibly happening in his office he moved towards his chair "You must be Meghan."