Thread: The Game Room
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #60 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersun25 View Post
"Thanks! I appreciate that. I am sure it will be great! I will come find you if I need anything." She replied smiling.

"Exactly the two color ones! They are known as stripes in this game. Here I will let you try again but lets get you holding the cue right first." She said as she walked across the room after the ball. "Firstly turn it around so that the big end is pointing away from the table. You always hit with the smaller end." returning the ball to where it had been Skylic explained a little more. " You do not get do overs in a regular game. Missing, or not hitting any balls or knocking it off like that is called a scratch. What you want to do is aim carefully at the ball you want to hit. First lets work on moving the cue. When you hold it you want to hold it in a way that all you have to do is move your back arm. Your front arm should be used as a guide to where you want to hit. it gives a little more suitability and control over where you hit the ball. once you have that down you can hit the ball. You want to try to not hit it so hard that it flys off the table." Looking at Victoria with a confidant look. "Don't worry about the first one. It will take some time but you are doing great! You should have seen me the first time, I completely missed the cue ball for a week!" She laughed at the memory. "Ok I think you are ready to try again!"
“Oh no problem at all. I’m glad to meet and help new people in the department.” She was excited to finally be getting to know some of the other employees. She had spent too much time at her desk and not enough time learning other parts of the department, but that was going to change. “Have you met anyone else from the department?” She could introduce the girl to at least Mariel, “What about Miss Black? She is a very easy to talk to boss if you ever need anything.” Victoria felt lucky to be working at such a welcoming part of the ministry.

She listened to the instructions. Oh she as holding the stick thing the wrong way. How stupid she was feeling that was just dumb of her. Turning it around she hoped she had it right now. Oh so she figured the ball wasn’t suppose to fly off the table like that, giving Skylic a smile, “I’ll have to remember that.” This was a little trickier then she first thought. She listened to all the instructions, this made her a bit nervous. It just seemed harder than what she thought it would be. She didn’t want to be so embarrassed for being dumb about it. Leaning on the table a bit she lined up to hit the cue ball was it. Whatever the white ball was called, she pulled back and hit it so light that it didn’t even seem to move. “Well too hard then not hard enough.. This is so tricky.” Maybe she should have just watched and not try.