View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
weasleytwinsROCK
Hufflepuff
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harrison Adam Butler
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie Lewis
Magical Transportation
Remus Lupin ♥ Moony ♥ Loopy Lupin

I love this. I absolutely love this. It must be so hard for Jo to write without feeling huge expectations, like when TCV came out, it was what she wanted to write, but too many Potter fans had problems with it. A lot of people, me included, got the book purely because we loved her from Harry Potter. I love how this shows that she is still a brilliant author and doesn't just have very loyal fans; if you look at the reviews on Amazon, so many say that the book is brilliant. It saddens me a little that she was found out so soon, because a load of us are going to go out and buy the book now, which could actually put other, adult readers off, but I think it's important that it has proved that J.K. Rowling can write. The book was not hugely popular, not so famous that everyone would read it, but so much that the people who did were probably more accustomed to reading, and therefore more critical, but they still gave brilliant reviews. I do honestly love this.

And the pseudonym is brilliant. I'm unsure of whether this is fully correct, but John Kennedy Galbraith was a famous political person, who, if you take his initials, was J.K. Galbraith. I can imagine J.K. taking the Galbraith from that, even if it isn't actually true, and taking the Robert from somewhere else. If this is true, I love that, because it's something meaningful... It just seems planned and clever and brilliant and I really do feel kind of proud right now.

Skiving Snackbox? A Headless Hat?
Only one place you can get all that...

Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
Pranking just got professional...

weasleytwinsROCK is offline   Reply With Quote