Thread: The Game Room
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #59 (permalink)
summersun25
Slytherin
Gnome

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jayzlynn
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skylic Marie
Magical Games & Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Victoria was taken back, so many young adults working here. Did the ministry not encourage uni anymore. She couldn't figure it out, but that wasn't her place so she wasn't worrying about it. "Well I hope you enjoy it and if you need anything I'm right in the public relations area." Just because they didn't work in the same exact area didn't mean she couldn't help out.

Vic watched as Skylic did something with a stick and the balls scattered. That looked interesting and not to hard. She watched with interest as she talked about the game. "Oh.. sure, I can try. I have the two color ones?" Is that what they were called. Now was she suppose to get one of those stick things. She walked to the walk and picked one up, "Is this right?" She had no clue and walked to the table. Holding it the wrong way she leaned down and smacked the white ball that went flying off the table. She cringed, "So that wasn't as easy as I thought it would be." Ooops that was really bad wasn't it.
"Thanks! I appreciate that. I am sure it will be great! I will come find you if I need anything." She replied smiling.

"Exactly the two color ones! They are known as stripes in this game. Here I will let you try again but lets get you holding the cue right first." She said as she walked across the room after the ball. "Firstly turn it around so that the big end is pointing away from the table. You always hit with the smaller end." returning the ball to where it had been Skylic explained a little more. " You do not get do overs in a regular game. Missing, or not hitting any balls or knocking it off like that is called a scratch. What you want to do is aim carefully at the ball you want to hit. First lets work on moving the cue. When you hold it you want to hold it in a way that all you have to do is move your back arm. Your front arm should be used as a guide to where you want to hit. it gives a little more suitability and control over where you hit the ball. once you have that down you can hit the ball. You want to try to not hit it so hard that it flys off the table." Looking at Victoria with a confidant look. "Don't worry about the first one. It will take some time but you are doing great! You should have seen me the first time, I completely missed the cue ball for a week!" She laughed at the memory. "Ok I think you are ready to try again!"