Thread: Lovers' Lair
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 12:57 AM   #23 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Once he had finished his impassioned plea to the Healer, Ethan could not look up at Minerva. Instead he kept his eyes focused on the bowl of ice cream in front of him as he heard her words. He knew she would be upset with him, but he had to help her and would risk her being mad at him to do so. And then he heard giggling and he peeked up at her. Ethan knew it was because of this whole ice cream business, but he couldn't help but to give her a small smile.. she was still so incessantly cute.

His eyes snapped to the Healer as she began once again. Well-rehearsed?? His face fell. She was really his best chance of getting Minerva better and she still refused to believe him after he practically poured his heart out to her. "This isn't something I'm just making up.." he began almost desperately. Why was she so adamant about not believing him? He guessed she figured he was just trying to get out of his punishment, but was she really that blind? He thought over her questions and how to best answer them, shaking his head slightly. "I wasn't sure who to go to, really.. I mean, I know that what I'm proposing might seem like a ridiculous notion so when I talked to another student about it, she suggested I talk to him for advice. He was a starting point to see what should be done next.." Did she have some sort of problem with Botros? He trusted his advice, why couldn't he go talk to him first?

He stared at her for a moment as she first alluded to the fact that he might have the problem, then that Minerva might just be that way.. ? Was she serious? "Well.. I just think I know her better than anyone. We've been together a long time and we're really close.. I'd be the first person to see a change in her." Did she really think that after two years he'd suddenly start questioning her behavior if it wasn't completely unlike herself? Had she met Minerva before a few months ago?? He shook his head when she generalized his theories about food obsession. "No, I wasn't implying that at all.. its just one of the symptoms, I observed." This was awfully defeating.. she didn't seem to want to even entertain the idea of possibly believing what he had to say.. but at least he was talking and maybe something would sink in to the unobservant healer.

Ethan watched Minerva carefully as she started to hug the plant, hoping that she wouldn't notice the little faces popping up from the plant.. or wouldn't care in her state. But she did and he frowned as she let out a shriek, reaching for her as she grabbed his arm. Merlin, why were they being so mean to her.. one of her worst fears, why did she deserve that? "It's alright, Min. They aren't real.. and you are very strong. You defeated that boggart.. you can do this, too.." And then she was throwing the ice cream at the little clown faces.. He wasn't sure why, but it struck him as funny and he let out a little chuckle. But, surprise, surprise.. not everyone thought it was funny..

And while Minerva was instructed to clean up her mess, he listened as Tillstorm seemed to come to her senses about the ice cream and he nodded fervently with relief. "Yes, ma'am.. I will eat anything else so long as its not that ice cream.." he said as he watched another bowl appear filled with candies. They appeared to be the same "toppings" from the other bowl, thankfully sans ice cream, and he was sure they would be as vile as the one Bertie Botts bean he had the misfortune of tasting. But he would happily do that if it meant no ice cream.

Ethan started first with the beans. He knew they would be awful, but really had no idea what the others would have in store, though he expected them to be repulsive as well. Were those gummy worms moving? Still, best to get it over with. He picked up a bunch of jelly beans, figuring a handful would get it over with faster. Shoving them in his mouth, he began to chew and a mixture of the most disgusting flavors began swirling in his mouth. oh no.. this was so gross.. He had to clap a hand over his lips to keep from puking all over the floor but he managed to choke it all down, gagging a bit as he swallowed. Grimacing at the candies still left in the bowl, he made a face before picking up one of the gummy worms that he was sure was wiggling between his fingers.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line

Last edited by emjay; 07-07-2013 at 01:07 AM.