Thread: Lovers' Lair
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 01:48 AM   #19 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Ethan looked up from the bowl of ice cream, his eyes pleading as he listened to the Healer speak. "It isn't nonsense," he insisted, trying to keep his voice calm. "I mean no disrespect, Healer Tillstorm, but you aren't here very often.. I've been meaning to talk to you about it for some time, in fact, that's what I was trying to tell you at the pathways before we came in here, that I needed to talk to you." He wasn't sure that she was going to listen to him, but he felt like this was his chance and he had to try to make her understand. "I've been observing and documenting symptoms for some time.. it took me a while to get to the point of figuring there was something in the ice cream.. but I'm near certain there is. I'm not the only one who sees this. I even spoke to Professor Botros about it a couple days ago and he suggested I take someone afflicted to see you.. but it isn't that easy. People afflicted insist there is nothing wrong, that they're fine.. its almost as if they don't seem themselves for who they are anymore." He got a little choked up at this point and stopped, taking a couple deep breaths to calm himself. He couldn't look at Minerva at this point, because as much as he was doing this to try to help her, he was really worried that she would be upset with him not realizing she was under any effects of what was wrong with the ice cream.

"Maybe if you were here full-time you would have caught it yourself or someone would have come to you sooner. We really need a full-time Healer here.. we should have one at Quidditch. I was really injured at the last game.." He rubbed at his healed ribs subconsciously as he trailed off. "But even with you not being here all the time.. I'm sure you can see that its not right to be so obsessed with needing to eat ice cream.. that's one of the symptoms.. a constant, unnatural, craving to eat ice cream." Surely, she had been observant enough to see that Minerva could think of nearly nothing else but the ice cream from the time they were on the path until even now, where she was willing to get bubotuber pus all over her because of hugs, just to get the chance to eat some ice cream? That's what Healers were supposed to be - observant.

He nodded at her when she lectured him about Lafay. "Okay.. fair enough," he said, realizing that most likely would have happened. But he had to give it a shot.. he was desperate to get her some help. "I will make an appointment to talk to her about it in her office.. but I can't eat the ice cream. I truly believe there is something in that ice cream that shouldn't be and I can't knowingly put myself at risk that way. And I'm afraid I won't be able to help her then.. I'm not just trying to get out of eating the ice cream.. I'll eat almost anything else.. look." He pulled out one of the Bertie Botts beans from the ice cream and wiped off on his robes, making sure to remove any trace or speck of ice cream from the candy. When he was sure it was completely ice cream free, he popped it into his mouth. Oh, it was vile.. he had no idea what that flavor was, it was nothing he had ever tasted, but it was revolting. He grimaced as he choked it down, not even wanting to guess what it was supposed to taste like.

Minerva was seriously meant to hug a burning plant? He wasn't sure what the point of that was, really.. other than the pus-harvesting, but what was the point of the fire? To scare her maybe..? That was dumb. "They look like bluebell flames, Min," he offered her a reassuring smile as she seemed a bit upset over the fire. "Harmless.." He reached out a hand to touch them and show her when he noticed something that looked like faces coming from the plant.. how interesting. "How did you manage this mutation?" he mused aloud. Though it looked like no cross-breed, probably just a spell.. And then realization hit him as he looked up at Min a little apprehensively. Did they know her fears? That was just cruel..

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line