Thread: Lovers' Lair
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Was she for real? Ethan knew that no one was leaving detention until they were dismissed, but the Healer had asked him what would make it a perfect date.. twice. So he felt obligated to answer seeing as she got angry when he avoided the question the first time.. but apparently his answer wasn't what she wanted and since she seemed to be the type of person who needed to have the last word, he ignored the comment. He was just thankful she didn't ask a third time.

No, he was far too focused on the bowl of ice cream in front of Minerva. He had to find some way of getting the other adults in the room to understand that there was something wrong with the ice cream here and that eating it could further affect Min's mental health. He watched a bit apprehensively as several toppings appeared.. though he wasn't sure they were as they appeared, couldn't be that easy could it? But the toppings weren't really what concerned him.

Ethan glanced over at Tillstorm.. yeah, he should have known that she wouldn't be impressed with his outburst, but he cared too much about his girlfriend and trying to keep her sane to worry about his own repercussions. His green eyes wandered over to Minerva as she lectured him about that horrid ice cream. He gave her a sad sort of smile, sighed, and said, "I wish that were true, Min.. but there can and there is. It's affected everyone who eats it.. If you really thought about it, I think you know I was right." He was really getting tired of this same argument with her, him doing what he could to keep her well while she was so dismissive of his concerns.. but that smile made him melt and he couldn't help but to return it to her.

"Professor Lafay.." he started, while turning to the Potions Mistress. Wait, what was she doing? He watched her whispering to Tillstorm for a moment. When she seemed to be finished, he addressed her again. "Professor.. if there had been an Elixir to Induce Euphoria slipped into someone's food, would it create cravings for that food as well?" That was one thing he couldn't figure out beyond the excessive hyperactivity.. the obsession. And he wasn't so sure it was that particular thing instead of something else.. but she was the potions expert.. might at least narrow it down further.

He stared at Tillstorm next as she slid the ice cream bowl in front of him. She wanted him to eat it? He shook his head in disbelief as he looked back at the ice cream. "I'm sorry.. but I can't," he said in a small voice as he stared at the bowl. He really was prepared to do whatever lame punishment was in store for him.. but he couldn't knowingly put his own sanity in danger, especially if the others seemed to be clueless about it. "I'll do anything else.. but I can't eat the ice cream.. I can't deliberately do something that I know will affect my mental state." He simply stared at the bowl in front of him apprehensively.. he wasn't ever going to get out of here, was he?

He looked up as he noticed out of the corner of his eye that the flowers on the table were changing.. into a bubotuber plant. Well.. that was interesting, he guessed. Still, he'd much rather harvest the plant.. not that it would be any kind of punishment for him.. and hugging was a rather unusual way of doing it, though he supposed it would get the job done. Might just be a little messy with the lack of control there.

He got a lost a bit in his thoughts about the proper way of handling plants when the sudden flames made him jump back, nearly falling out of his chair. He instinctively reached for his wand to put out the flames.. though he soon remembered that he did not have it. "Why would you - " he started, his eyes wide, when he peered a bit closer. The flames seemed harmless to the plant. So what were they playing at here? And honestly, what was this madness? What were they trying to accomplish in detention by making them eat ice cream and setting plants on fire?

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line