Thread: Conference Room
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #25 (permalink)
noodles

DMLE
Hinkypunk

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rowan Fairfax
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Greenwood
Ravenclaw
Second Year
x2
Default You lot. ^_^
Yeahhh, Mr White! Yeah science!

SPOILER!!: grangerfan8
Quote:
Originally Posted by grangerfan8 View Post
"It's my job," She said with a dismissive shrug, casting a small cooling charm on her coffee before taking another sip. Ahh. That was better. Shaking her head, Alani rocked in her seat a bit and studied the new face. "No, I don't drink tea, so I didn't think to bring any." Didn't care to was more like it, but she supposed, since it was her job and all, she would try to care next time.

Sigh.

New people were making her work harder.

"I can get some next time. What's your name?" He could have hers after.[/COLOR]
Howard nodded at the woman, taking a mental note that she must be office dogsbody. Not that he would take advantage of her beverage making, but it was nice to know the pecking order around here. “Oh.. no matter.” He replied with a small awkward smile, feeling a little bad for even mentioning it. “Don't worry. I-I can bring my own tea.” He didn't want to put her out. “I'm Howard. New.. new guy.” Obviously.

“And you are?”

SPOILER!!: Ladybug and Pixie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug View Post
Bradley gave a little nod towards Howard to show he had heard and agreed, or well something like that, but he knew the guy was scared. He was nothing but a kid after all, he felt for the guy, he'd been in that situation before. Still was sometimes. He turned his head towards the door when he heard it open and two more people walked in, those he didn't know. New people. He gave them all a smile and a nod but said nothing as at that moment he heard Howard say something again, "Research and Development. I'm a charms developer. what about yourself?" He asked interested.

He then remember the new people who'd come in and turned his head again and raised him voice to say, "Heya guys, welcome, I'm Bradley.." Oh merlin was he turning in the main man?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Making his way from the lab while pinching the bridge of his nose, Aron emerged through the doors to the conference room and immediately looked around for his personal assistant. "Alani," he said, a glimmer of relief spreading across his face. "Coffee. Black. No sugar." Now before his nerves were too shot to handle this meeting. "Please," he added, almost as an afterthought but a sincere one nonetheless.

Aron walked over to his seat at the head of the table, but did not sit down just yet. The thought was not too appealing to be entirely honest. He glanced at the clock and sighed. Great. First day as Department Head and not only had the lab had an explosion, but he was late starting his own meeting. Bloody rose brilliant.

"Alright. Let's get started," he said with a dismissive wave to his own thoughts. "I'm Aron Ashburry-Hawthorne, your new Department Head. I had hoped to discuss a few general logistics and get our new employees settled into their new positions, but it looks like we have a situation on our hands already." Welcome to Magical Accidents and Catastrophes. "You all heard it. There was an explosion in the lab this morning. The lab is currently closed off to allow the ventilation system to do its thing. I've already asked our PART Lab Technician, Derek Meriwether, to lead an investigation and sterilization team. I would like there to be three of you assisting him. Jade, you already volunteered, so I need two more." So...anyone?
Bradley seemed a kindly sort. There was something reassuring about the man's body language that made Howard warm to him almost immediately. Some people had that innate gift of... warmness.

“I'm Potions. Identification and Recovery.” He replied with a slight nod of the head. He was about to attempt more awkward conversation when in came the boss..

Volunteers?

Yes, no. Not on his first day in this... explosive department.

He sat there and just listened, all too aware of himself. He could feel every hair on his head, his clammy palms clasped tightly together under the table to stop any nervous fidgeting. How Howard hated meetings. First day meetings were even worse..

But he was grateful he didn't have to give any input...

SPOILER!!: The Bossman
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Rubbing the bridge of his nose some more, Aron was beginning to wish that drool collecting was still a thing. At least that wasn't something that put his department at an immediate disadvantage. This lab incident was going to make Derek lose focus since he would not be able to use his lab and would have to use the one on Level 2 if anything arose. Fantastic.

"Good. Jade, Cora, and Ashley will assist Derek in the lab. I expect a list on my desk by Friday of what was salvageable along with an assessment of the damages. Angela and Natasha," he said as he turned to his two liaisons. "I need one of you to go down to the Speciality Area and meet with the Department Head there about getting some maintenance and repair people up here. Try to schedule that for sometime next week."

Oh good, there was Alani with his coffee. Good personal assistant.

Accepting it with a temporary look of relief, he took a deep sip from his mug and then turned his attention back to everyone in the room. This certainly was not how he wanted to start out his time as Department Head, frustrated, flustered, and mildly furious. But no matter.

"Now that that is out of the way..." he said, slightly grumbling under his breath. "We have some new faces here to the department, including my own." But he had already covered that so he was not going to repeat his brief introduction. "Before we get down to more official business, I would like everyone to introduce themselves. Just a brief introduction will do. Your name, your position within the department, and anything else you feel vital that your coworkers know."

Meanwhile he would take these few minutes it too drink his coffee and calm down.
...Except that thought was quashed the very moment the boss decided it would be a neat idea for everyone to introduce themselves.. Howard gulped and felt the colour being sapped from his face. Whydidhedecidegoingbacktoworkwasagoodidea!?

Oh, yes.. his dead wife's voice in his head. Merlin, he needed to stop listening to voices he knew deep down weren't real.. or helpful to him.

No one was speaking up... Howard looked around, panic behind his eyes.

Really?

No one?

He stood. Awkwardly.

Washesupposedtostand!? This was like being back at school.

Clearing his throat, he spoke quietly and hesitantly.

“Hullo everyone. ..I'm Howard. ..Potions Identification and Recovery..” He couldn't just leave it there, could he? He felt like he was standing up and confessing to guilty secrets like he was at a self help group. “I.. I haven't worked for three years so this is all quite new to me. I have a daughter. Isabella. We live in Leeds.”

He sat again, cheeks flushed ever so slightly, his heart thumping hard in his chest.

Remind him never to become a public speaker..