View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ivana R
Hufflepuff
ICW Ambassador
Billywig

Portuguese Hippogriff Harrys Schokofrösche

Hi my friends! You're all so kind, so lovely. I love you! Thanks for the compliments.

If someone would like to know the trueand mad and sad story about how I meet this adorable site, I'm posting it below:

Code:
A year and half ago, it was an unusual hot and dry winter here, and it was cold during a single day, which began with the announcement of a good friend's death. During her funeral I commented with my husband that there should be Dementors flying over our city and he agreed with me (he's a Harry Potter fan too), by saying that her death seemed to have being caused by a kiss from a Dementor (she had a stroke).

The grief I was feeling was increasing and I felt the need of writing about it. I thought I would like to live in a place where exists a spell to repel Dementors. Of course, I know exactly where I needed to go: Hogwarts. So, from my grief Flora Riddle was born. The first chapter of my fanfiction describes that day. 

I wrote this first story to send my family to Hogwarts and in my soul I saw it wouldn't happen if this story couldn't arrive in UK (Hogwarts, I mean). So I thought it should be translated into English then someone in UK could read it and the things would settle down. 

However, I had a big problem: I didn't know English (I'm Brazilian, I speak Portuguese). I ask to my friend Roger M. to translating it for me, he did it and taught me how to translate into English. 

When it was translated, I looked for sites where I could post the story in English and a friend from a brazilian HP's fan site (unfortunately extinct called "somos das masmorras", what means "we are from dungeons") told me about Snitchseeker. LoL.:x3:
BTW, the sequels of Flora Riddle 1, Flora Riddle 2 and Flora Riddle 3 have no relation with any part of my life or my family.

Last edited by Ivana R; 04-18-2013 at 01:46 AM.
Ivana R is offline   Reply With Quote