View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 11:44 PM   #87 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

SPOILER!!: Nathaniel
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_kid View Post
Nathaniel straightened up when he heard his name and saw Mariel. Wow, did she look fantastic. Even if that dress of hers was a little too sparkly for his taste. "Good evening, Mariel." he said to the brunette as he grinned at her.

"You look.. gre..you look beautiful tonight" he stumbled to say as he blushed. Great. Yep. More sweating. This was going to be a long night for him. "I'm well. Better now that you're here. I felt like a loser just standing over off to the side by myself"

He shifted his weigh to his left foot. What now? Were they supposed to go get a drink? Go dance? Eat? "Well, would you care to grab a bite to eat or a drink or what?" he asked her knowing that he sounded like he was an idiot.
What was wrong with him? He was acting like a bashful first year.
"Well, thank you.." Mariel smiled widely as Nathaniel complimented her. She thought about twirling in her sparkly new dress, but thought better of it. It's not like she was a child anymore, she was a grown adult.. but sparkly new dresses just gave her that little spark of excitement. "You look quite becoming yourself," she told him with a gracious smile.

"Sure, I'm a bit hungry," she nodded at his suggestion. It was a party too, after all. Might get some refreshment before the boring debate started. The brunette glanced around the room to visually locate the buffet table. "Ready?" She looked back at Nathaniel a bit expectantly before starting toward the dining area.

SPOILER!!: Lourdes
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotterHeadforLife View Post
Ah yes, the annual New Year and after holiday welcoming celebration. Though Lourdes had only been to two of them, considering she only started in the Ministry last year, she had grown fond of it. The event was a lot of fun and she got to meet her employees, fellow department heads, and other Ministry workers whenever this time of the year came.

The only part of this event she was kind of not looking forward to was the Board of Governors debate. Yes a second debate for the candidates and this time, held and sponsored by the Ministry itself. Something went wrong during the Hogsmeade debate. Lourdes had been talking too much, and she didn't know the reason why until a light bulb in her head lit up. She had actually drank something spiked with some Babbling Beverage. What type of shenanigans would happen this time?

The department head walked inside the atrium ballroom. She had her usual smile, of course. She was going to be professional in here. "Good day, everyone," the woman greeted to no one in particular, but the greeting was for everyone in general. It was a good day, right?
Mariel glanced at all the faces around her as she made her way through the entrance, headed towards food. Even after having worked at the Ministry for a year, very few were familiar to her, though one stood out. She veered her path a little to greet her department head.

"Lourdes.. hello," Mariel beamed at her employer. "You look lovely." Yes, she looked quite smart, very fitting for a debate. Just then the brunette heard the announcement asking the candidates to assemble for the proceedings. "Well, I won't keep you," she said with a tilt of the head as she took a step away. "Good luck." And she was anxious to see what she would have to say.. after Mariel got a bite to eat of course.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line