View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #74 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: McMillan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan arjay View Post
Zach was surprised that the guy doesn't know his name, especially that he is one of the people who put him in charge of a candidate.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Where are my manners" he said with a cheeky smile. "My name is Zacharias McMillan" he said pausing for a little bit considering if he would want to tell them his title or not.

"And its really good to know that your candidate is confident at her stance. I will be looking forward to her's and the others arguments" he said looking at the other folks around them.

"It's a pleasure Mr. McMillan." Weren't things better when one offered their name. It was good that they were on the same page now. "And believe me when I say the woman is a very confident one." He'd never met such a strong willed woman before...maybe it was the pregnancy.

"And I suppose you're here to enjoy the debates in the capacity of a voter, yes? Do you have any idea who you might be leaning towards?"

It was important to gather intel like this; know where the crowd was swaying. So far it wasn't looking very good for Ms. Dacosta but this was a new debate and these were new people.

SPOILER!!: Loudres
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotterHeadforLife View Post
Lourdes was just about to look and sit with her fellow candidates when a man had decided to chat with her. Hmm. Indeed it was going to be an interesting night but well, she hoped that Minister Greingoth had beverages that weren't spiked anymore. She was now going to be extra careful with her actions. "Yes, it does seem pretty fancy," she nodded in approval. She never knew the Minister could hold such a marvelous event. As to how confident she was, Lourdes wanted to tell him that it wasn't his business but she was trying to be professional and not rude. "I'd scaled it a nine out of ten, but I'm sure I'll gain what's left once I'm on stage." True.

Nathaniel Black. That was strange. Lourdes examined him for a while and then offered the man a small smile. "Nice to meet you," she said. "I'm Lourdes Black." Oh, was that odd? The blonde didn't know if they were distant cousins or whatever relation they had. Hem hem. "Are you a new Ministry employee?" He didn't tell her that, or anything related, yet. All Lourdes knew was that this man, she didn't employ.

He nodded his agreement. The hogsmeade debate was pretty impressive but it was mainly set up by the students and as creative as students could be they would never have the resources that Ministry workers did. "That rating seems reasonable. I can see that my tax galleons are going to good use." Or were they? Persons who had no interest in these debates would most likely have disagreed. Probably would have thought the money would have been better spent on other things. "Do you think you're any more nervous, knowing that you'll be presenting for the people you work with this time?"

Would you look at that. Another Black. "The pleasure's all mine Ms. Black." How interesting. The only other Black he knew was his grandmother. It was worth looking into..."No, I worked her at one point in my younger life but it didn't suit me so I took over a bar instead." He loved owning and working at the bar. His hours were good, the people were friendly and they was no mundane work ritual. "How's the Department Head life treating you?"

SPOILER!!: Livia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia Frost View Post

Letting her eyes drift over the people circling the entrance area Livia saw the man, Nathaniel whom she had spoken to at the previous debate come towards her long before he arrived at her side. She was not comfortable with how much she had shared with him. At that debate her tongue had turned her thoughts into words too freely. Greeting him she said politely. "Evening Nathaniel!"

"Why thank you. It’s just a dress but thank you for the compliment." She said as she smoothed out her red dress and dusted off some leftover floo powder still stuck to hem of her dress. "Yes we are set. I’m confident that Mr Alredge will do well in the debate." Livia commented with confidence and faith in her candidate. "Are you and Mrs Dacosta prepared for the debate too? She was in the bottom three after the votes if I'm not misremembering right?" How did you bounce back from that? Probably with lots of pep talk, better strategy and well luck.

"Anytime." Compliments came easy to him once he saw something worth complimenting. If something looked nice then there had to be acknowledgment. It was like second nature to him by now. "That's good, very good. If we don't have confidence in them it doesn't usually end well."

Then she went and brought that up. His smile got just a bit tighter as he looked at her. "That. She is, but we're not going to let that bother us too much. This is a new platform, there are new voters and we're confident that this time will be better than the last." And seeing as he truly believed this, he wouldn't let it bother him too much. "They're a funny thing, elections, they start out one way and end another." He added with a wink. He had no idea who things would go from here but the idea now had him intrigued.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.