View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #68 (permalink)
Lissy Longbottom
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post

And BINGO! Well, sort of. Her coworker had at least noticed. Which was enough for her, for now anyway. Because as much as he may try to deny it to himself, if he'd been so into his date and not at all interested in Roxanne, he wouldn't have noticed her, no matter how observant he was. She didn't see him slightly scowling at the other women who had brought dates (Not that she thought of these men as dates, just potential allies. Or enemies.). And that's because he wasn't. A fact that put a slight smirk on her face as she turned back to the conversation at hand.

"Of course. Had a wonderful and successful party. In fact, still a little tired from that," she replied, turning her slight smirk into a smile. But honestly, who holds a New Years Party the next day, on the first? She had never heard of such a thing before. And obviously, the Board of Elections was just as clueless, having a debate when there was a good possibility of everyone being tired from the night before. And speaking of the Board, who even was on it, anyway?

And that was how you did things, Ms. Ivy Knox. Honestly, a little politeness always got you somewhere. If she had gone to Hogwarts (Roxanne couldn't remember if she'd said or not), she certainly hadn't been a Slytherin as obvious as she had acted. "Aw, you just haven't gotten to know me yet," she replied with a wink. Okay, she wasn't that bad, but he didn't have to know that.

Unfortunately when she had walked by a few minutes ago, she had not only caught the attention of Dorian, but Natasha as well. Unfortunate for the other woman anyway. Because she was so busy eyeing Roxanne, she had failed to notice her date doing the same. Which made her want to laugh. Well, this is going to be a piece of cake.....

And turning her attention back to her companions, she tried to hide another smirk with a smile. Though, she was sure her eyes were showing a trace of amusement. "Oh, definitely. But I'm kind of curious about whose idea it was to hold a New Years party on New Years Day......." And her thoughts were turning circular. Brilliant.
"Perhaps they wanted to lift everyone's spirits? You know, New Year, new chance at wiping out the competition," Nolan said with a chuckle. He was joking of course, but now that he said it, it sort of made sense. Maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Vinteren View Post
Text Cut: Bjorn Berg {not quoted}, Lissy Longbottom, lazykitty

"At least vhere's no dunk tank here to fear, eh?" Erik chimed in on his manager's and Nolan's conversation. He gave his fellow candidate a manly clap on the shoulder, which probably hit him harder than he'd intended it to, and winked. He could schmooze with the best of him...and it was even easier when the people he was running against were nerds like Nolan.

It seemed Erik wasn't the only one being distracted this evening. His gaze trailed Roxanne's over to the sombre looking man with a woman on his arm. Hmm, this could get interesting, he thought...

"Good for you," he replied simply, his mind whirring elsewhere even while he was talking to the blonde. "Not sure vhose idea it vas, but apparently the British Ministry doesn't know vhat a holiday is..." This sort of event should have been held on a Saturday, not a Monday. No one liked bloody Mondays.
Nolan chuckled, despite the fact that Erik felt like he was trying to break his shoulder with that clap. "True true...but I've been practicing. Others can fear whatever awaits the bottom three THIS time," he said with a confident grin. He had the feeling that Erik was starting to...write him off as a candidate. Well sir, Nolan Michael Reynolds was NOT a quitter and he was not going down without a fight!

Now, as for his uppity campaign manager...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn Berg View Post
At least the fellow had enough sense to not make an excuse for himself. Because Bjorn was not amused by ridiculous excuses.

"Thank you, Mr. Reynolds. We are indeed pleased with Erik's performance in Hogsmeade." Would it be too much to mention the place he got? Yes. Yes it would. "Second place is definitely nothing to complain about, though I would've preferred first..."

And then the not-so-subtle reminder. "I suppose I should just be content he stayed dry, eh, Reynolds?" he finished, elbowing him jovially and flashing him that famous winning smile. "Oh yes, plenty of time to make up for all blunders--perceived or otherwise." And yes, he did intentionally imply that your mistake was not merely perceived, but real, Reynolds.

"Oh yes, the British always throw excellent galas. Though perhaps not lively enough for my taste." Where was the ballroom dancing?

Bjorn nodded approvingly as Erik interacted with Nolan. Any onlookers would notice his in-charge body language, whether consciously or otherwise. And laughing at a witty comment Erik made was a good idea, so Bjorn helped him along via an appreciative chuckle. "I suppose we shouldn't gang up on Mr. Reynolds too much, Erik," he said somewhat dramatically.

"Oh of course, of course," he said upon Erik's departure. "I was just thinking of visiting the refreshment table, myself. Mr. Reynolds, I feel as if I may have overstepped a bit, giving you too hard of a time, perhaps." Which of course was to undermine his confidence, but he need not broadcast that intention. "Will you allow me to bring you anything?"
Nolan straightened his glasses. The more he talked with this man, the more he was certain that Bjorn had a death grip on his candidate. He'd liked Erik when he first met him, thought they could be friends or team up--but now, all thoughts of that were down the drain. Nolan was slowly starting to see who the REAL enemy was.

Where was his campaign manager when he needed him??? He was at WAR here and his backup was nowhere to be found!

"Oh not at all--this is politics, if you can't stand a little criticism, you need to get out," Nolan said with a polite smile. If this team thought that Nolan was just some nerd who was going to sit by and let people walk all over him--nope, not going to happen. One good thing about being married to Ginger for so long--he had picked up quite a few tips on how to be a sneaky little badger.

"How kind of you, if you wouldn't mind just bringing me a pumpkin juice, thank you," he said, taking the man up on his offer. Or maybe he shouldn't have. What if he POISONED him??? This was one of those moments in politics where you had to make a snap decision, and maybe since Nolan got the feeling they didn't really see him as much of a threat, he'd be safe from any poisonous sabotage.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid