View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 01:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
GlassXRose
Ravenclaw

I Snuggle Werewuffs!
Love Potioneer
Moke

Ministry RPG Name:
Elinor Danvers

|Who's On First? | Challenge Accepted.| | :Ink For Blood: | Team SUITS!|

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Heh. See?! His humor WAS appreciated - even if some people Seren told him that it was a bit ridiculous at times. "I think we all could use a good laugh," he replied with a small smirk. Especially Mr. Head Cabbage. Poor Wes had been angrier than a teething fanged geranium ever since this epidemic really took off. "Elinor has the lab results. I'm just the drool collector as it were. Although...I can't help but find myself constantly coming back to wand woods. These people were gnawing on wands AND showing a lack of magical ability. Wands hone a wizard's magic, channel it...."

But his thoughts were interrupted when Miss No-Touchy herself entered the lab...with ferns?

"Well...maybe not poison ivy," he said while leaning in to whisper to Jade.

Standing up and walking over to see what Elinor was doing, Aron took a look at the ferns. "Dryopteris semicristata, if I am not mistaken," he said as he leaned over a bit to look at the fern. "Muggles believe it to be an extinct species of ferns." But Herbologists in the know knew better. "I hope you aren't implying that people were grazing on this stuff...or..." he paused for a moment to look at her. "You thinking it's spores produced something in the air?" Dryopteris semicristata was known to produce some nasty stuff during germination as a defense mechanism.
Elinor looked back at Mr. Aron-Ashbury-Hawthorne-Doughnut-Eater-Touch-Everything and gave him an exhausted, appreciative, genuine smile. She knew her ponytail was falling out, not to mention the hair therein. It had been an extremely stressful... everything. For just a second, she thought over how much she really appreciated the co-worker who she was known to occasionally give a hard time.

But there wasn't a lot of time to spare on such things. She nodded, appreciative that he had information to fill in little blanks.

"I'm thinking these plants definitely have something to do with the infection, but... I can't figure out how. I know the samples from the ferns in the cafeteria and the samples from the most advanced subjects have... it's apparent that the plants have had affect," she spat out, having difficulty expressing her thoughts without sounding as crazy as she looked. So she focused her gaze on the leaf that had been marked "WILD".

"The thing that bothers me the most is this leaf... Well... Here." Elinor pulled up a second microscope and slid one of the other samples under the lens. "Look for yourself. The ferns hanging in the cafeteria are clearly different. They've been altered somehow. I'm not a herbologist, I can't-- I can't... figure it out." The woman ran a and over her brow and then pinched the bridge of her nose.

"It's almost as if they were... I don't want to sound accusing. It seems to me that they've been treated somehow. Chemically, magically-- I don't know. I... don't know."

It was obviously painful for Elinor to utter those three words, but she was less stressed about saying it in front of these few people than she was saying it in front of the entire level two. Nevertheless, being clueless was not something Elinor liked. At all.

The woman wanted a hug and a stiff drink.