View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 05:40 PM

Post Harry Potter Leavesden studio tour celebrates millionth visitor this weekend

Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter announced that over this weekend its millionth visitor headed to the Leavesden Tour in the UK, a young boy named Benjamin. The young boy from Dudley, UK was greeted by actor Mark Williams (Arthur Weasley), who led a tour around the Great Hall and various sets this past Saturday.

Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter, the UK’s newest attraction, today welcomed its one millionth visitor.

Benjamin from Dudley was delighted to be met by actor Mark Williams, who plays Arthur Weasley in the Harry Potter film series, and presented with a collector’s edition Nimbus 2000 broom.

Benjamin said: “I couldn’t believe it when I walked through the door of the Tour and Mr Weasley met me. I love Harry Potter and I’ll never forget my visit to the Studio Tour.”

Mark Williams commented: “It’s wonderful to be back on the Harry Potter sets and to see so many people getting the chance to enjoy them. I feel really privileged to meet the millionth visitor to the tour.”

Sarah Roots, Vice President, Warner Bros. Studio Tour London says: “Since opening our doors on 31st March 2012 we have been overwhelmed by both the level of interest and the incredibly positive reviews and we are delighted to welcome our millionth visitor in the first year of operating. We limit the number of visitors per day so this is a particularly significant achievement.”

Mark Williams then went on to surprise visitors in the Great Hall by revealing filmmaking secrets as an impromptu tour guide.

This walking tour offers visitors the ultimate opportunity to journey behind the scenes of Harry Potter and experience the magic that has gone into creating the most successful film series of all time.

Visitors are able to step into the original Great Hall, first built for Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone™, experience green screen technology and marvel at the breathtaking miniature scale model of Hogwarts castle. The attraction allows visitors the chance to see firsthand the sheer scale and detail of the actual sets, costumes, animatronics, special effects and props that have been used in all eight of the Harry Potter films.

In addition to the Great Hall, some of the most iconic sets featured in the attraction include Dumbledore’s office, Diagon Alley, the Ministry of Magic, 4 Privet Drive, Gryffindor common room and the Weasley kitchen.