View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 04:33 AM   #65 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Bunz has given her speech at the end of term feast! Good bye to so many members of the staff! Congratulations to Hufflepuff! Congratulations to Gryffindor! Good luck 7th years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Oh this was embarrassing. Everyone had heard her squeaking and squealing over the frog? Everyone? Apparently all of her staff had heard it... Annie swallowed though and remained frozen/half glued to the Quidditch professor until Calista safely removed the amphibian.

Thank MERLIN for filthy people who wouldn't remind the additional dirt of a dirty animal on them.

Now that that was done, though, she had no further reason to delay the speech. So the redhead shook off her frog fears, smoothed out her dress, and moved around the table to the podium for her speech. The redhead waited for the students to quiet, and then began.

"Good evening," she spoke, her voice magnified to echo around the Hall. "Tonight we gather to celebrate the end of a dramatic term, and the end of the arcs of several of our beloved staff members. I would first like to extend my deepest regrets for the passing of my friend and Astronomy professor, Mrs. Marion Burbage. Mrs. Burbage was a legend amongst stargazers in her day, and even in our day as well. Her lessons were memorable, helpful, and fun for all students. She was always willing to lend an ear to a troubled soul, and she will certainly be missed by those who knew her well."

She paused to remember that she still had to break the news to Henry regarding his wife's demise. That was going to be a horrific evening...

"I would also like to mention our mysterious, but very talented, Ancient Runes professor, Tristan Christiansen. Mr. Christiansen was not only one of Hogwarts' most popular visiting professors, but he also regularly held the post of Senior Undersecretary to the Norwegian Ministry of Magic." She let that sink in for a moment. "His loss will doubtless have an impact beyond these stone walls."

As for the others they had lost... well, Annie figured it would not be appropriate to mention the beautiful Umbrella Vinora, tragic as that may be. "I am also sad to report that our Deputy Headmaster, Ravenclaw Head of House, Quidditch Official, and Flying Professor Maximus Vindictus will be resigning from school staff at the end of this term. Vindictus has served this school longer than anyone, or at least anyone in recent memory, and what he has given to this school cannot be summed up in one speech alone." Annie felt a tear at the corner of her eye and flicked it away as though it were a stray eyelash. "I am proud to present a Special Services to the School plaque for all your years of service, Professor Vindictus." The redhead walked over to Max's seat to thunderous applause and proudly gave him the award, along with a handshake.

Then she returned to the podium. "I am just as sad to announce that our Groundskeeper Gibbins will also not be returning at the end of this term. Although he has not been staff nearly as long as our Flying professor, Mr. Gibbins was an excellent addition to staff and will be sorely missed." Sigh, just another person she would have to hire over the summer.

"Now, onto some happier news." She smiled grimly. "Congratulations are in order for Hufflepuff House, who not only demolished Ravenclaw in the Quidditch Cup Championship Match," that got a real grin from her, "but who ALSO won the House Cup! Congratulations, badgers!" She beamed and waited for the cheers (and jeers) to subside for the 'Puffs. "I would also like to congratulate Gryffindor for winning the Gobstones Cup! If you contributed to your House's performance in either of these sports or games, or even in the House Points race, then give yourself a round of applause. Remember, teamwork makes the dream work."

She paused and wished she still had a water goblet to drink from. Alas... "Finally, a few parting words are in order for our graduates from the Class of 2079. You have all been excellent leaders and standout students in my eyes, especially in the many moments of crisis this school has seen throughout your time here. Remember that whether near or far, whether you study, you work, or you roam, Hogwarts will always be here to welcome you home. Thank you."

The Headmistress FINALLY exited the podium and returned to her seat. Once she had sat down and let a sigh of relief, the delicious elf-prepared feast appeared on all five of the (returned) House Tables. Let the summer begin!

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes