View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #63 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

And Quidditch really is over for one of our own...

Quote:
Originally Posted by demented_death_eater View Post
Professor Vindictus raised both hands and motioned for everyone to quiet down. An uneasy silence followed and it was broken by the Deputy Headmaster clearing his throat.

"Eighteen years ago, I came to Hogwarts and was given the mission of teaching basic flying skills as well as rebuilding the Quidditch program. At first, I thought I'd hang around for a few years before moving on but that obviously didn't happen," he said as a few camera bulbs flashed in the crowd. "I turned down several offers to coach on the continent because I was committed to my job here at Hogwarts. This school - all of the past and present staff and students - became my second family. And like a family, there have always been ups and downs but at the end of the day we were always there for each other."

Pause.

Deep breath.

"I have watched students grow and blossom from unsure First Years to confident Seventh Years, ready to take on the world. I take great pride in saying that I've trained most of the current professional Quidditch players in the British and Irish Quidditch League. Whenever I read the papers, names of former students stand out and I remember how timid they were when they had to sit on the stool as the Sorting Hat was placed upon their heads."

Another pause.

"These are memories that will be with me always, but now it's time for me to move on," Vindictus finally stated.

"Today was my last day officiating Quidditch at Hogwarts. When the school term ends, I will be leaving Hogwarts as I embark on a new chapter in life. As the new Chair of the International Association of Quidditch, I will continue to promote the sport as well as improve the safety of the game. For those who may wonder, I will resume officiating at the international level in the fall after going on tour for my upcoming book."

A final pause.

"I'm going to miss this school - it's students and staff, the smell of the damp stones of the castle after it rains, the smell of dusty old books in the Ravenclaw Common Room, and the smell of freshly cut grass on the pitch. The realization that this is the end has yet to sink in. Thank you."

Max was finished and he looked at Annie. "I didn't know how to tell you," he whispered as he kept his composure. "I'm sorry."
We'll miss you, Professor V!

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind