View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 04:36 AM   #81 (permalink)
Lissy Longbottom
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
Default Catching Up + Assignment
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

One hero in the wizarding world AND one in the Muggle world? Gahhh this was so difficult! Sigh. He tapped his quill on his desk and tried to pick someone to write on the board. The wizarding world was a piece of cake, but the muggle one? That was so hard! He didn't know many Muggle people.

Finally he walked up to the board and quickly scribbled down his answers:

Quote:
Muggle World: Walt Disney, founder of the Walt Disney company

Wizarding World: Helga Hufflepuff, founder of Hufflepuff house
Ok, now on to the next bit...the assignment. Alex stared at it and raised his hand to run his fingers through his hair. Once he finished this, he'd be done with this class for the year and he'd be a step closer to summer. He couldn't wait!

Ok, so, he needed to do the assignment now. He whipped out his quill and started to scribble his answers on the paper.

SPOILER!!: Option 1
* Whom you're honoring?
* Date of Holiday
* Why does this person deserve a holiday in their honor?
* Colors or traditions that are associated with your holiday
* Name of Holiday and the story behind the name

Your explanation should be atleast 5 inches long (5 paragraphs long with at least 5 complete sentences in each paragraph with proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation) and should include all of the aspects above.

SPOILER!!: Assignment

The real life hero I chose to make a holiday for is my brother in law Cale. His full name is Caleb Markus Newell and he is without a doubt the coolest person I've ever known. I feel like I've known him my whole life as opposed to only a few years that he's been with my sister, Anna. He's a great older brother, a perfect husband and he has the best hair I've ever seen. And, despite popular opinion that I've heard of, it is NOT a wig made of rabbit hair.

The name of the holiday would definitely have to be Newell Day. This is obviously because that's his last name and it sounds like it would roll off the tongue nicely when someone is wishing someone a Happy Newell Day. The color of the holiday would be red and gold to celebrate his house, Gryffindor. He always wore those colors to celebrate his house and still wears those colors to this day, unable to get rid of his Gryffindor spirit in his alum life. Gold and red are also a very nice color combination.

The holiday would take place on March 18th. Contrary to what many people might think, this is not Cale's birthday. That would be the obvious point, but instead I made it the anniversary of their relationship, because Anna is the most important thing in his life, aside from his children. Coincidentally, it is also my birthday as well, so the date holds special meaning to the entire family.

Traditions would include Quidditch, since everyone knows that Cale was very passionate about his position as Chaser on the Quidditch team. He also was a great fan of jelly slugs, so it would be a requirement for everyone to buy a bag of jelly slugs before partaking in Quidditch that day. Cale enjoys a number of Muggle activities as well. He loves watching TV and playing muggle video games, so if people wanted to explore that aspect of muggle culture, today would be the perfect day to do so! Finally, the day would end with a giant feast of candy and pizza, Cale's favorite foods.

As I stated earlier, Cale Newell definitely deserves this holiday because he is a great father and husband. He has always been there for me during the rough patches of my parents divorce and given me a place to stay when I had no where else to turn. Cale has also done so much for the wizarding community--he was a prefect for three years for Gryffindor and helped them place in the house cup tournament rather high throughout the years. He assisted in many mysteries that took place in the school as well, including something with some owls and some secret messages, I believe. Overal, Cale deserves this holiday so we can all celebrate his awesome, and he knows it.

He finished with a smile and quickly looked it over. Yup, that was perfect. A++++! He walked up and turned it in to the professor. "Here you go! Have a great summer!" he said with a grin before giving her the parchment and exiting the classroom.

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid