View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:22 PM   #54 (permalink)
Cassirin

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanficfanatict View Post
Well, so much for Selina trying to be nice. Vivi had to go on and say that she would automatically choose Kurumi. "I was just trying to say that she would be the ONLY person who you'd have competition with." Because Kurumi was awesome. EVERYONE KNEW THAT, but it was nice to try and give people some credit, merlin. Only idiots didn't pick Kurumi and Selina was still pretty bitter about the one thing Kurumi did not get picked for. But she digressed, it was just her stupid Gryffindor pride.

In all honesty, this hug was starting to feel awful stale. It was not that Selina was not an affectionate person, from time to time people called Selina a golden lab because she was so bloody likable RIGHT?!, but there was just no space to be a golden lab today. They were cramped in a small space and affection was not a friend to small spaces, so as Vivi talked Selina untangled herself from the web of the one handed hug to listen.

Oh so, they were done with the feelings then? Ummm okay then. Selina had a ton of really awesome tidbits of advice that she could share. But if Vivi did not want to hear them she would refrain from sharing. She was not offended she was totally offended.

But now it was her turn and the fear that gripped Selina earlier was even more acute then before. She did not want to be asked any questions. The redhead was sort of afraid of the truth. In many ways it was her weird hypocrisy, she was an advocate for the truth when it came to her friends and their lives, but she did not like to own up to the truth in her own. Now she was going to be forced to answer truthfully, "I, erm, guess we're done... is it my turn then?" She was shaking just slightly.
"I know I seem ungrateful," Vivi straightened her deerstalker and patted her cheeks. Maybe that would somehow keep her from being all blotchy and awful. Hopefully. "I was trying for levity... some humor to keep this from me being some sort of messy meltdown." Because if Vivi was anything in the world, she kept herself pulled together.

Usually.

"Thank you for... not being weird. If I didn't feel so bad about..." About liking her best mate, who happened to like a girl she couldn't help but admire a bit. "Anyway. I'd still feel wrong." It didn't help that Louisa was so well-liked. Imagine Vivi thinking she could take anything away from a girl like that.

Not that she wanted to do any taking. Just... coveting what she couldn't have.

"So let's focus on you, since I'm the sorriest example of a Ravenclaw. Lost all my sense." She smiled crookedly and tried to think of a light question for her friend. Easy question. Unembarrassing question. "Do you see a long future for Watson and Mary?"

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest