View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #135 (permalink)
natekka
Dark Force Defense League

DoM & DIMC

Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jade Archer de Leon
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Olive Gracae-Ryans
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Clara Rider (née Wilde)
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Riley Archer de Leon
Mysteries
Default Jokers! :3
Little Fox | ½ of Lauralie | Ravenclaw with a Hufflepuff heart and a Gryffindor soul | #HouseNATARIANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortalismusicoh View Post
Teach the class about the Villian?

Alright then, that didn't sound too hard, but Nessie did have to admit that she was almost clueless when it came to villians. She didn't watch too many of these superhero movies. All she knew was there names and that was about it. Thank goodness her group was big, for that matter and thank goodness they had information too.

Before saying anything, Ness looked around at who else had joined her. She didn't know any of them too well. They were all just aquantainces, except Bliss. Bliss she knew. "I'm Renesmee Dixon, but please call me Nessie or Ness." Because only few people called her by her full name, not that she minded it too much.

Nod. Nod. Nod.

trying to absorb what they had all been saying, Nessie just nodded her head. Insane. Right was a weakness and a strength in her opinion. Weakness because it meant you did crazy things, but strength because it was a good excuse not to be arressted. Not too hard this stuff then. "Also it say's that he jokes around a lot, maybe that could be seen as a weakness because he might get distracted from that?" Or maybe he didn't get distracted, but Ness knew she would have.

"As for the presentation, I can sort of act, I can't sing and my drawing isn't too good either. I'm more of a dancer." Not that she thought it would help much. She didn't mind helping out with speaking though, that she was used to all the time on the pitch. "I can talk though, if need be?" Yeah she would go with whatever the others wanted, she didn't mind. "Oh..um..and I can screech very loud, if you maybe want to use that for insanity?" She looked at her shoes not sure if that was the right thing to say.
Oh. Another member in the Joker team. NESSIE! She was glad to see another familiar face, especially her Quidditch captain. By the looks of things, their group was now made up mainly by Hufflepuffs. Though the Ravenclaws in the team were taking charge, which was completely fine by her. Bliss listened to what Nessie had to say, it looked like she knew about the Joker than she did, but that was hardly surprising seen as she knew next to nothing to begin with. At least now she'd learn something.

So far, doing a skit seemed like the most popular choice. She wouldn't mind singing or acting in front of the class, so that was good. But so far they hadn't really come to any sort of final decision. Bliss took in the rest of what Nessie said and blinked. Her skill was screeching loudly? Not the most common skill ever, but probably something someone could work into the skit. Maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Being the good person Lex was she was willing to wait for the others to add their two cents before she said anymore.

Emm was the next to go and Alexa couldn't help but smile when she said she had her vote. D'aww, someone else believed in her ability to be criminally insane--though she wasn't so sure that was a good thing...okay maybe she thought it was a good thing but you'd never get her to admit to that. Nope.

She turned from one person to the next as they gave their input. Bliss was up for the skit and Nessie, yeah she was gonna call her that 'cause she offered, was even volunteering to scream like a maniac! This group was totally the boss. They had awesome people--awesome people who were smart too. They were all listening to Vivi's idea about strengths and weaknesses. You could never go wrong once you listened to Genevieve Branxton. Nope. She knew everything.

"Riiight, so going off of what Vivi said, we're gonna need to show both those things and get him defeated for the sake of good triumphing over evil and all that rubbish" Ahem, moving on. "Have we made a definite decision on how we'll present?"

This was where Mr. Bossman was supposed to put in his two more cents--no one said being boss was cheap. Vivi too because she was the Boss Lady. Duh.

The others could say stuff too though. In fact they really should have instead of allowing an 11 year old to. Not that she couldn't give good suggestions but she was most likely to go overboard and they didn't need that right now so she'd go quiet again until someone else spoke up.
Bliss took in everything that Lex said. For a first year, she was very outgoing and wasn't holding back anything. The firstie was definitely going to grow up be a very interesting student. Saying that, Bliss was only a Second Year, but she definitely felt older than that. Turning her attention back to Alexa, she decided to wait and see what the other's opinions would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-o'-LantERN View Post
Fact. Max had them, so Vivi would focus on the more creative aspects. She'd studied up on heroes, so her villain knowledge was still relatively limited. She pulled out parchment and began to make their list.
  • Enemy to Batman
  • Unknown alter ego
  • Highly intelligent
  • Good at hand-to-hand combat
  • Chemist/inventor
  • Crazy-faced wacko
  • Murderer
  • Put into an asylum instead of prison

"No," Vivi glanced up from her list and made faces at Lex. No NO, they weren't going to consider insanity pleas in order to get away with doing wrong. Lex was just mad enough to try something like that. "You still get locked up, either way. And I'll vouch for you that you aren't crazy... just overly curious."

"I think acting out some part of the story we want to impart makes sense... although it would be good to give as much information as possible in the meantime." She didn't actually know the answer to Em's questions and hoped that Max or Lex would offer some insight.

Another vote for a skit, and another one who didn't seem to know much about their villain. That was fair... they weren't all Muggles who cared deeply about ancient books, were they? "How are you at writing songs, though? Could you write us something in the next ten minutes? It has to rhyme, and you'll want to take the lead." Because Vivi didn't choose to sing today. Nope.

Screeching? Hmm. Vivi considered writing that skill down, just because it was so interesting. "Does he joke around like... a prankster? Or does he use pseudo-jokes and the clown motif to help further the image that he's crazy and thus frightening?" She honestly didn't know.

"So that's our list so far." Vivi pushed it to the middle of the table and set down her quill so others could add things. "It sounds like we're in favor of the skit. I'm willing to take ideas, but what if we... have Lex dress as the Joker, and others dress as those who are considered his foes: Batman, Robin, Batgirl..." Others? She was willing to take suggestions so everyone had a role. "And while we 'fight' Lex, we build up these walls around her with the information we have written on the bricks, and the walls end up being the walls of her asylum... her prison. Sort of like the Joker's background and personality as the real walls imprisoning him."

Too metaphorical?
It was clear that Max and Vivi were in charge of the group, were taking the lead. They were good at it and Bliss was thankful to have people that knew exactly what they were doing in charge. Bliss listened to what Vivi had to say and jotted down the main points about the Joker on a piece of parchment so that she could remember them and use them if she needed to.
  • Enemy to Batman
  • Unknown alter ego
  • Highly intelligent
  • Good at hand-to-hand combat
  • Chemist/inventor
  • Crazy-faced wacko
  • Murderer
  • Put into an asylum instead of prison

So far, so good, Bliss thought as all their ideas started being planned out. Acting out the main points, the bits that needed the most attention. She knew Lex would be good in that department. Then Vivi turned to her. Writing a song? "Yeah, I can write songs," she said with a nod. "That sounds fine to me, just, what do you want me to write in the song? Do you want it to be like a story? In which case, what happens?" Bliss asked and looked at Vivi. She could definitely write a song in the next ten minutes, but she wouldn't know what exactly to put in it. After all, she didn't know all that much about the Joker and his story. She only knew what they'd discussed today and that didn't help her much.

As Bliss listened to the plan that Vivi had said, an idea came to her head. "If you're doing that, acting that out. I could write a song that would be like a narration to what's happening?" Bliss suggested eagerly. She didn't think it was that bad an idea, depending on the tempo of the music, it would get the audience very interested. Bliss needed her guitar though, and unless the teacher let her use a spell to create one, which she'd done before, then she'd have no guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grangerfn1 View Post
So there were some singers in the group, some dancers, some actors. and some people who just seemed really happy to talk and contribute. That was perfect. Max lifted his gaze from the book to give them small smiles of encouragement. He was especially proud of the little ones.

The best group, he had said so.

When Dani asked about their method of presentation, Max... turned to look at Vivi, as if it was somehow her decision.

...which it seemed to be, and rightly so. As the girl took avid notes and sprouted out ideas, Max was embarrassingly impressed with her; his big grin showed that. "I like it." And that was that. Lex as the Joker would be funny.

And then Max realized he was the only guy in the group.

DID THAT MEAN HE COULD BE BATMAN? ... but if one of the girls wanted it, he'd let them have it. So he didn't say anything on the matter.

"It's creative, witty... sounds like an overall great demonstration." Max was a sucker for metaphors.

But Max didn't know what else to add to Vivi's idea. He approved of it and she seemed to have a pretty clear idea in mind of what they were going to do, if everyone agreed.

So he waited for further instruction of some sort.
Max made a LOT of good point and Bliss took them all in. From the story he told about the Joker, it was clear to see exactly why he was that way. A great loss often causes all sorts of mental trauma. As Max turned to each of the group members in turn and smiled at them encouragingly, Bliss smiled back warmly. This group was going to be great, she could just tell.

Now they just had to wait for the final say.

You are Honey!

Last edited by natekka; 10-31-2012 at 11:28 AM.