Thread: The Main Buffet
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 08:09 AM   #59 (permalink)
Nordic Witch

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post
Oh, Ella hadn't noticed that extra bit of... nasty on the floor until the woman cleaned it up. "Thank you... What did you say your name was?" Or did she at all? Ella had been distracted by the drooling woman and the slight chaos she had caused. She scooped some pasta onto her plate. "It must be a new stomach bug," she said. There was a new one pretty much every year. And it was Autumn now. Which meant it was definitely flu season. At the woman's question, Ella shrugged a little bit. "I think so. I came in and she seemed to be fine. But then she just... started drooling. And then vomiting." It was very strange. And disgusting. She wasn't even sure if she was hungry anymore.
"You’re welcome." Natasha nodded. It was the least she could do given the crisis with a vomiting woman causing a mess on the floor of the food court. Name? Hadn’t she introduced herself? She must have forgotten or if she had there was no harm in doing it again. "I’m Natasha. I work as event concealment advisor on level 3." She introduced herself. The brunette looked like that woman in the ministry bulletin she had read some weeks ago on her lunch break but Tasha could easily have this woman mixed up with someone else entirely it happened.

Sighing she said. "I sincerely hope it isn’t. I didn’t attract the last stomach bug that circled the levels but this one seems well um harsh and peculiar." If only she had paid more attention in her school days when they had spoken about symptoms of different illnesses, she doubted though that drooling fit under the stomach bug category.

Let’s change the topic. Hm, "Should we find somewhere to sit and eat our food?" Tasha might have lost some of her appetite with all the vomit but food was why she had come here in the first place.

SPOILER!!: Victoria"
Quote:
Originally Posted by the fastest seeker View Post
Victoria stood shifting her wait from foot to foot while the woman searched for napkins in her bag. Fortunately she had plenty. Victoria smiled at her and took them, "Thank you, and yeah they're needed." Obviously it was obvious that they were having a....puking situation.

"She was staring ahead with an odd expression on her face." The secretary answered on how Kensi was acting weird. "And she didn't remember doing so." Victoria frowned, "Doesn't make sense right?" Or was it Victoria's mind who stopped processing?

And what 's this about the bug, " Stomach bug?"Victoria repeated. She thought she had heard something about it from one of the visitors who came by the front desk earlier but she hadn't given it much attention. And now she wished she had payed attention.

As she was trying to remember what that man spoke about this bug she heard the woman introduce herself. Oh Victoria was so out of manners now which was so unusual for the receptionist. "Nice to meet you Natacha," She smiled at her not feeling like calling her by her last name. They weren't at work. "I'm Victoria Smith. Secretary at the Minister's office." She introduced herself.

As Victoria and Natacha stepped closer to Kensi. Victoria offered the napkins to the other woman who helped cleaning. And Victoria had just remembered the woman, she is a head of department. Victoria remembered seeing her on Level-one. Though she couldn't recall her name. Not now anyway.
Victoria watched Kensi leave feeling sorry for the woman and hoping that she'd feel better. And then the head of department said something about contagious. Victoria swallowed hard and retrieved her wand out of her purse. She cast a cleaning spell non-verbally. Eh...just to make sure.

Victoria listened to Natacha's question who seemed to be of knowledge of this particular bug. Victoria nodded at what the head of department said, "True. She seemed to be fine at first." Victoria said. "Then she suddenly started to drool and her body started to spasm a bit." The secretary explained. It didn't seem normal at all now when she thought of it. "Is this bug treatable? "She asked the women. "And is it known what causes it?" Victoria didn't know much about this bug. And she actually wanted to know in case she encountered other sick person.

"It’s all very peculiar and nothing really makes any sense. I even doubt that it’s a new stomach bug even if Kensi vomited excessively. Drooling unless I’m wrong doesn’t usually tie in with vomiting, but I’m not an expert." Natasha commented to the women. Had the ministry gotten their own little mystery sickness on their hands? If that was the case then what precautions should she take to avoid contracting whatever bug had made Kensi act weird in the first place?

Then the thought struck her maybe she was already sick but just wasn’t showing signs? No that was silly you couldn’t get sick by just sitting in your cubicle writing reports and creating models of possible event venues right? Putting a clear sock in flailing thoughts Natasha smiled cheerily at the woman closest to her. "Pleasure to meet you Victoria. I used to work in the minister’s office actually until I transferred when a vacancy opened up in Accidents and Catastrophs." She explained.

Spasms were bad!! Tasha was sort of relieved she hadn’t been there when Kensi had started to do that. "I have no idea, if it’s treatable. Have other employees showed similar symptoms?" she wondered out loud. If they had then she hadn’t heard about it or if she had she had just written it off as a variant of the usual bugs that circled the ministry building from time to time.

Sticking her fork into a piece of chicken Tasha plucked it into her mouth and chewed on it. Yummy.