Thread: HoM: Lesson One
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 04:01 AM   #124 (permalink)
CruppieMom89
Formerly: Dances_With_Potter
Hufflepuff

DMAC
Jobberknoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyWeasley06 View Post
Ariana scratched her head. she was confused raising her hand she asked "Professor doesn't the train run off the coal?" because there WAS a coal car.. Ariana rode that thin at least a dozen times or so may be and there Was a coal car.. so it ran off coal and not magic.. right?
Before answering the Professor's question, she turned to a nearby Slytherin girl who had asked about the train running on coal and shook her head. Leaning closer to her, she quietly responded, "I think it probably runs on magic of some kind now, but if it still rain on the Muggle fuel source, it would run on steam, not coal, because it was originally a steam powered engine."

Sitting back up straight and giving the other girl a warm smile, Sutton raised her hand to respond to the question. "Professor, I imagine it must have some sort of charm placed on it so that Muggles can't see it or find it even after it leaves Platform 9 3/4, right? I mean, otherwise people could sort of follow it, and that seems pretty dangerous for all of the students..." she responded. It sounded reasonable to her, yes? That had to be one of the biggest priorities was hiding it from the Muggles.