Thread: Suits of Armor
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
hermygirl
Chizpurfle

x9
Stuck inside with Sirius | *Splish-Splash* | bamBAM | ☁ Spooktacular ☁

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grangerfn1 View Post
A male's voice was... talking to him like he was some kind of strange army general. Who said 'halt' anyway? If Max hadn't known better, he would have thought it was the suit of armor itself speaking to him.

When the arm lifted, Max's head tilted to one side.

And then he LAUGHED. The seventh year removed another bean from his pocket and tossed it toward the suit of armor again - with a nice 'CLINK!' sound right on its head shoulder, the bean bounced behind it.

Gotcha.
"How dare thee laugh at me!" Spike retorted in his deep voice. "I am not amused. Tell me who dares defy Sir - "

The second jelly bean struck the armor just as Spike had been fumbling for a suitable name for a highly ranked knight. Where it had landed, the Prefect didn't have a clue. He shuffled about, trying to stay concealed whilst he felt around for it. He hadn't heard it bounce again, which considering the stone floor, was highly suspicious.

Meh, it couldn't see it. Which probably meant it was stuck in his hair. However, if he reached for his hair, then the game would most definitely be up.

Ah well, might as well leave it be and proceed as before then.

"I say fellow, pray tell me who dares defy Sir Spike-a-lot." Spike moved the other arm up slightly, trying to judge a strong pose. From behind and crouched down, that wasn't easy. "And what is your rank?"