Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #74 (permalink)
Beezley
House Elf
Gnome

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Beezley [female elf]

Text Cut: Marion Burbage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Burbage View Post
Ooooooooooooh! Look at who had come to pay little Annie a visit. Oh now wasn't that simply chaaaarming. Look, they had even brought a gift. A PINK one at that. Marion much preferred more tame colors, but tame had never been in little Annie's handbook.

Look at that, the Hogwarts house elves loved their new Headmistress already.

"Oh, why aren't they siiiiiiiiiiiiimply adoooooooooooorable," the elderly astronomer exclaimed as she clapped her hands together in a polite golf clap. "I dooooooooo say that the Hogwarts elfsies are some of the most caring creatures I have ever met, besides my dear Henry that is."

Even IF it would have been more proper for them to have wait to deliver the tree. Just because one was a magical creature did not mean that protocol could be ignored. Nope nope nope.

At the sound of a loud clap, Beezley's little elfish legs began to shake. She turned and looked at the Missus with eyes widened in horror. She stared at the woman until she realized that no harm would come. Caring creatures? Caring they were. Yes, elfsies are. Beezley lifted her little elfish lips up into a wide smile. "Beezley is thankful, Missus," she said, giving a bow. "So, so thankful."

Text Cut: BanaBatGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
"Scary plant?" Annie echoed the little pink elf who'd just spoken to Cassandra. "It's not scar--- know what, Beezley, I'll just take that off your hands, mmkay? You and Pips can sit on the edge of the dais, if you'd like, and I'll come visit with you once I finish my speech. Will that be okay?"

She would have invited them to sit with the students, but that wouldn't really be proper, having elves at the table and all. So instead, Annie flicked her wand into her hand and quickly levitated the plant away from the elves' tired arms and onto her side of the table. She settled the plant into a spot near her chair, but no so close that it would get knocked off if somebody scooted back, and then continued on with her speech. Better finish it before something ELSE happened this evening.

...and then Beezley looked again toward Missus Truebridge. Beezley knew her name. Beezley made sure to know this name by heart. She nodded. "Big, scary, leafy plant," she said, and then she widened her arms just to emphasize how big the plant seemed to her.

She grinned again when the plant was taken out their arms. Such a heavy plant. Beezley's arms hurt, but Beezley wouldn't complain. Beezley had a job to do. Accepting the orders she'd been given, Beezley took a seat on the edge of the dais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrella Vinora View Post
As the Umbrella Vinora was lifted from the arms of the small creatures to beside the newly appointed Headmistress, the plant shifted a bit more. It's long, green tendrils began to sway to and fro, as if dancing to a light melody unheard by others.
"AHHHHHHH!" Beezley called out, spotting a leafy arm swaying in front of her face. She'd cower in fear, but she'd taken orders from her master, and her master had said to sit right here.

Text Cut: sweetpinkpixie
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Kurumi had been rather alarmed when Selina hadn't immediately stuffed her face with fried chicken like usual and instead had made her way towards the staff table with her stack of posters. Oh Merlin help them all. Kurumi had had juuuuust enough time to eat a couple bites of Shepard's pie and half a goblet of pumpkin juice before she figured it best to follow her best friend up to the dias....just in case.

Grabbing the gold box tied with a white ribbon, Kurumi made her way to the staff table with her feet dragging slightly. This was...surreal to say the least. Kurumi had been doing this, delivering cookies as a thank you for the coming term, as was custom in her town, since she had been a first year. And now...here she was...a seventh year...doing it one last time.

Of course there would be the closing feast...but that was then and this was now...and her heart was pounding in her chest like thunder.

Bowing to each professor as she passed, Kurumi approached the Headmistress where she bowed politely before speaking, and flashing a quick smile to the house elves present as she did. "Headmistress, Hogwarts Board of Governors, professors, good evening," she said, her voice surprisingly steady for the wave of emotions that were crashing over her small frame. "I'm Kurumi Hollingberry, Gryffindor seventh year prefect. These are just my way of expressing gratitude and appreciation for the coming term and to commemorate the start of it." She then set the box on the table and removed the lid which vanished the moment the edges had left the bottom half, revealing its contents to everyone at the table. As per usual, the box include the chocolate and vanilla cookies with the Hogwarts crest hand painted on them with icing. Yeah, we were looking at you Mr. Come-Work-at-the-Ministry-Cafeteria out of the corner of out eye for a brief moment. Besides those, Kurumi had made some special cookies. Cookies that didn't actually look like cookies. The idea had actually come to her over the summer and she had spent a good amount of time designing new recipes for each of the four sorts of cookies to represent the four Hogwarts houses. Under the red wrapper were raspberry ganache based cookies infused with chili pepper to give it just a bit of a kick. Those under the yellow wrapper were a sweet honey base with lemon zest. Green wrapper cookies were a crisp mint that was so crisp it overpowered the other flavor that was in there - which was lime for those with a good pallet. Finally, under the blue wrappers, were a blackberry ganache based raisin cookie. "Thank you for your time," she said, offering one more polite bow before tugging on Selina's sleeve to encourage her to go back to their table as well.

She did sort of eye the pink plant that was swaying and waving its vines around. Erm....maybe the house elves were right when they said it was scary...

Kurumi glanced over at Professor Bentley with an almost apologetic look in her eyes - her conversation with Selina from the table still fresh in her mind. Tomorrow, perhaps, she would go visit her Head of House in her office and offer a proper apology then. Now was not the time. The feast was meant to be a time of celebration and she didn't want her lions to think it should be anything less. Which is why she put a smile back on her face. "I'm looking forward to one last term with you as my Head of House, professor."

...but then Beezley saw one of the most magnificent things she'd ever seen. Cookies--BEAUTIFUL cookies! "Ohh, Missus," she said in awe. "Beezley thinks those are the prettiest cookies she's ever seen. So, so pretty." Her little elfish eyes seemed to sparkle as she took in the sight.

Text Cut: Mad Eye Touz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Eye Touz View Post
"I taught a class on how to barbeque house elves once." She hadn't. But hahaaaaa. See who blinks first now.

With that, Lainey stood with the elf cradled in her arms, then DUMPED the elf in the lap of Amoroso (though.... gently-ISH sort of kind of maybe some). She strode from the table to find a bat, but not before DRAGGING THE TRUNK ALONG behind her again.

And bopping all the Professors again. BOP BOP BOP BOP. She headed towards the tables of STUDENTS.

"AHHHHHHH!" Beezley called out again, and this time she did cower in fear. Barbecued house elves? Beezley knew what barbecuing was. Beezley had barbecued some in the kitchens, she had. She gasped as Toddles was tossed into the lap of a man at the big table.

Poor Toddles. Poor, poor Toddles.

Text Cut: Toddles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddles View Post
No, Toddles was not going to come back over there Pips! Not when Missis was all wet and yucky, Toddles had to do his job in caring for the Misses. Toddles liked her hair too, he didn't have any.

Oh and see the Headmistress with the red hair is letting the elfsies stay for the feast! That meant he was going to get to see everyone eat the potatoes he dipped his toe in. FUN!!!!

"The misses is pretty even though she is wet and yucky." Yep, Toddles liked when the masters were pretty not all of them were though, Nope. Since Toddles had done a good job wiping the Misses's face he expected her to hug him or tickle his feet or SOMETHING fun but no, she stared at him.

Toddles stared back. His eyes were probably a bit bigger.

"Barbeque? Is that a game? Toddles hasn't heard of that one before. Will you teach me?" More STARING.

Suddenly he was up and being held like a baby, the good kind that he was, but then she DROPPED HIM IN A MASTER'S LAP! AHHHH. The pretty Misses didn't want him anymore? Was it because she thought Toddles stole the little girl's bat? "Misses, I promise Toddles didn't steal it, honest!" He didn't steal things, just the shiney but that was his friend.

But know the Misses was saying she could find the bat first and started to run off to beat Toddles, A GAME. Toddles was going to get to play with her! "No wait, wait, waiiiiiiiit. Misses, Toddles will find it first, he will."

And Toddles bounced after the Board's VP, tapping around her knees to try and hold her back so he could win.

"No, Toddles. Noooo," Beezley whispered, gesturing for the baby elf to come back. She was following the Barbecuer, She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Trusted! "Toddles come back. Toddles is in danger," Beezley continued to whisper. Beezley stretched her arms out wide, trying to scoop Toddles up.

Toddles was too far, though. Beezley hung her little elfish head sadly. I'll never let go, Toddles. I'll never let go.

How would she ever break the news to Nimma?!